Digital TV News: Tony Gunnarsson
Western Europe pay-TV successfully fighting off the OTT challenge
Oct 5, 2016 – New research from Ovum shows that Western Europe’s pay-TV markets continue to grow, successfully fighting off the challenge posed by OTT video and the region’s free-to-air TV offerings.
News categories: Ovum, Adam Steel, Tony Gunnarsson, Adam Thomas, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite
Gulf is next streaming video opportunity
Jun 29, 2015 – The launch of the first non-native subscription online video service in the Middle East heralds a new phase in the evolution of the premium OTT video market in the region, according to market intelligence firm, Ovum.
News categories: Ovum, Ismail Patel, Tony Gunnarsson, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, OTT
OTT streaming to hit 100 million subscribers in 2015
Apr 9, 2015 – Direct-to-consumer initiatives such as HBO Now and Sling TV herald a new era in online streaming as premium, stand-alone services based on content once exclusive to traditional pay TV hit the market.
News categories: Ovum, Tony Gunnarsson, Ed Barton, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Worldwide
Global 3-D Market Flourishes Across Cinema, Home Video and TV VoD Platforms
Dec 20, 2012 – The global 3-D consumer market is thriving in a dynamic environment marked by clear and discernible growth across its major platforms, including cinema, home video and pay-TV video on demand, according to an IHS Screen Digest report.
News categories: Screen Digest, Blu-ray, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, VR
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos