Digital TV News: Tony Hall
ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
Jul 19, 2019 – ITV and the BBC plan to launch BritBox in the UK in the fourth quarter of this year. BritBox will be full of the UK's favourite programmes and the home of the largest collection of British boxsets. BritBox is also commissioning a range of original series.
News categories: BBC, ITV, Carolyn McCall, Tony Hall, Digital TV, OTT, UK
Discovery and BBC Studios planning global streaming service
Apr 1, 2019 – Discovery and BBC Studios have announced a series of agreements, with a content partnership spanning a library of factual series to power a new global streaming service, and a bespoke development deal for BBC Studios’ documentaries.
News categories: BBC Studios, Discovery, Inc, Tony Hall, David Zaslav, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, Worldwide
BBC and ITV confirm streaming service discussions
Feb 27, 2019 – The BBC and ITV are in talks about launching a streaming service for UK audiences, to be called BritBox. BritBox would provide British boxsets and original series, on demand. The BBC and ITV anticipate that other partners will be added to BritBox.
News categories: BBC, ITV, Tony Hall, Carolyn McCall, Digital TV, OTT, UK
Windstream files for Chapter 11
Feb 25, 2019 – Windstream (NASDAQ: WIN) has announced that the Company and all of its subsidiaries have filed voluntary petitions for reorganization under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
News categories: Windstream, Tony Thomas, Digital TV, Finance, IPTV, USA
Mirada and ALi to showcase hybrid solution at IBC 2017
Sep 5, 2017 – Mirada and ALi Corporation have announcd their partnership to have Mirada’s Iris TV Everywhere solution, and end-to-end multiscreen platform, pre-integrated with ALi STB chipsets.
News categories: Mirada, ALi Corp, José Luis Vázquez, Tony Chang, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
SERAPHIC partners with ALi to launch Sraf Lite browser
May 23, 2017 – SERAPHIC has announced that it has partnered with ALi to launch its Sraf Lite browser. The browser is optimized for DTV/STB products and leverages the latest HTML5 technologies to run modern web applications.
News categories: SERAPHIC, ALi Corp, Ye, Wang, Tony Chang, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, HTML5, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Dish TV India and ALi Corp launch project Liberty
Feb 9, 2017 – ALi Corporation and Dish TV have launched their Liberty project. The project is based on ALi's SoC technology which provides next-generation performance, security, and flexibility while remaining cost-effective for the India market.
News categories: ALi Corp, Dish TV India, Tony Chang, VK Gupta, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Western Europe pay-TV successfully fighting off the OTT challenge
Oct 5, 2016 – New research from Ovum shows that Western Europe’s pay-TV markets continue to grow, successfully fighting off the challenge posed by OTT video and the region’s free-to-air TV offerings.
News categories: Ovum, Adam Steel, Tony Gunnarsson, Adam Thomas, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite
Harmonic to show industry's first software-based CCAP solution at SCTE
Sep 27, 2016 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has introduced its CableOS system, the industry's first software-based CCAP solution. The CableOS solution will make its public debut during SCTE Cable-Tec Expo.
News categories: Harmonic, Patrick Harshman, Tony Werner, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SCTE•ISBE, Software, USA
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019