Digital TV News: Tony Lenoir
Cord-cutting trend expected to nearly double broadband-only homes in U.S.
Jan 28, 2019 – Broadband homes without a traditional multichannel subscription are set to grow from 23.3 million in 2018 to 40.8 million by 2023, according to Kagan. Kagan expects the segment to account for nearly one-third of U.S. households in the next five years.
News categories: S&P Global Market Intelligence, Tony Lenoir, Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
37.2 million U.S. households to go broadband-only by 2022
Jan 31, 2018 – According to Kagan, U.S. broadband-only households are set to grow from 19.0 million in 2017 to 37.2 million by 2022. Those households will rely mostly on a combination of broadband and OTA broadcast signals for home video entertainment.
News categories: Kagan, Tony Lenoir, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Terrestrial, USA
Next 10 years look upbeat for the U.S. cable industry
Aug 11, 2016 – For the U.S. cable industry, the 10-year outlook is bright, according to SNL Kagan. The industry’s broadband advantage and bundling stance will enhance revenues from 2016 to 2026.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Ian Olgeirson, Tony Lenoir, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0