Digital TV News: Tony Lenoir
Cord-cutting trend expected to nearly double broadband-only homes in U.S.
Jan 28, 2019 – Broadband homes without a traditional multichannel subscription are set to grow from 23.3 million in 2018 to 40.8 million by 2023, according to Kagan. Kagan expects the segment to account for nearly one-third of U.S. households in the next five years.
News categories: S&P Global Market Intelligence, Tony Lenoir, Broadband, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
37.2 million U.S. households to go broadband-only by 2022
Jan 31, 2018 – According to Kagan, U.S. broadband-only households are set to grow from 19.0 million in 2017 to 37.2 million by 2022. Those households will rely mostly on a combination of broadband and OTA broadcast signals for home video entertainment.
News categories: Kagan, Tony Lenoir, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Terrestrial, USA
Next 10 years look upbeat for the U.S. cable industry
Aug 11, 2016 – For the U.S. cable industry, the 10-year outlook is bright, according to SNL Kagan. The industry’s broadband advantage and bundling stance will enhance revenues from 2016 to 2026.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Ian Olgeirson, Tony Lenoir, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos