Digital TV News: TopTV
SES enables StarTimes to expand TV reach in Africa
Sep 13, 2013 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that StarTimes has signed a contract on SES-5 to expand its media footprint in Africa and deliver DTH services across the continent. StarTimes also acquired SES' 20% shareholding in South Africa's Top TV.
News categories: SES S.A, StarTimes, Top TV, Pang Xinxing, Ferdinand Kayser, Africa, Content Distribution, MnA, Satellite, South Africa
200,000 subscribers for South Africa's TopTV
Jan 18, 2011 – TopTV, the satellite pay TV service launched by On Digital Media (ODM) on May 1st 2010 in South Africa, has said that it now has more than 200,000 subscribers, with a record 50,000 activations in December alone.
News categories: TopTV, On Digital Media, DVR, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa, Subscribers
Altech UEC STB Underpins Successful TopTV Launch in South Africa
Jun 8, 2010 – Altech UEC (Johannesburg: ALT) has confirmed that the South African satellite subscription service provider, TopTV, has successfully launched UEC's purpose built STB in what has become one of the most successful Pay TV launches in recent times.
News categories: UEC, TopTV, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
TopTV sells 50,000 STBs in first 6 hours
May 3, 2010 – On the first day of its launch in South Africa, On Digital Media's TopTV satellite TV service sold 50,000 decoders in less than six hours.
News categories: TopTV, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa, Subscribers
On Digital Media Contracts Three Transponders on ASTRA
Apr 19, 2010 – SES ASTRA (Paris:SESG; LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has signed a capacity agreement with South African pay-TV operator On Digital Media (ODM) for three transponders on its ASTRA 4A satellite.
News categories: SES ASTRA, On Digital Media, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
May 2010 launch for TopTV DTH in South Africa
Mar 18, 2010 – On Digital Media (ODM) is on the verge of introducing choice, flexibility and affordability to the multi-channel television market in South Africa under its brand of TopTV.
News categories: On Digital Media, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
NDS Provides On Digital Media with Key Technologies to Launch South African Pay-TV Platform
Feb 22, 2010 – NDS has announced that On Digital Media has selected NDS as technology provider and prime integrator to support the launch of its direct-to-home (DTH) platform in South Africa. The new service, TopTV, will go live in Q2 2010.
News categories: NDS Group, On Digital Media, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVB-S2, DVR, Middleware, Satellite, South Africa
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- Express-80 and Express-103 satellites launched
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020