Digital TV News: Topway
Shenzhen Topway goes Ultra HD with Harmonic
Jun 11, 2019 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Shenzhen Topway Video Communication, one of China's leading cable operators, has deployed a Harmonic live Ultra HD (UHD) video processing solution to power its new UHD broadcast and OTT services.
News categories: Harmonic, Topway, Tony Berthaud, Wen Zhiqiang, Cable TV, China, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV
SNL Kagan Report Shows China to Become Asia's Top Pay-TV Economy in 2011
Jun 22, 2011 – An analysis of China's pay-TV market by SNL Kagan finds that while China has long been the world's largest multichannel market in terms of subscribers, 2011 revenues of $7.5 billion are set to rank China as the top pay-TV market in Asia.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Cable TV, China, IPTV, Market Research
Topway Collaborates With Broadcom to Launch Network Trials in China Using the DOCSIS®-Based EoC Technology
Mar 22, 2011 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that Topway has selected its DOCSIS®-based Ethernet over Coax (EoC) cable architecture to launch their network trials next month in Shenzhen.
News categories: Broadcom, Topway, ZTE, Broadband, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Content Distribution, DOCSIS, Semiconductor
Broadcom Powers HD Set-Top Boxes for Topway Cable Subscribers in Shenzhen
Mar 22, 2010 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced a partnership with Coship (Shenzhen:002052), a leading Chinese set-top box (STB) manufacturer, to deliver high definition (HD) set-top boxes to Topway, a leading cable service provider in Shenzhen.
News categories: Broadcom, Coship, Topway, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019