Digital TV News: Tricolor TV
Pay TV subscribers in Russia up 3.7% in 2015
Feb 11, 2016 – According to preliminary estimates from TMT Consulting, in 2015 the number of pay TV subscribers in Russia reached 39.4 million. The total was 3.7% up year-on-year, compared with a growth rate of 8.6% for 2014.
News categories: TMT Consulting, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Russia's DTH services move from Eutelsat-36A to Express-AMU1
Feb 10, 2016 – On 10 February 2016, in conjunction with Eutelsat, RSCC has switched the Russian DTH services Tricolor TV and NTV+ from Eutelsat-36A to the Express-AMU1 satellite.
News categories: RSCC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite
GS Group releases first Russian 4K Ultra HD set-top box
Feb 1, 2016 – GS Group has announced its GS A230, the first Russian digital TV set-top box to support Ultra HD (4K) broadcasting. The new model, under the General Satellite brand, means that 4K video content can now be viewed on modern Ultra HD TV-sets.
News categories: GS Group, Andrew Bezrukov, CSTB, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Tricolor TV begins broadcasting of Ultra HD package
Nov 18, 2015 – Tricolor TV has announced that it has started broadcasting an Ultra HD package, which includes two ultra high-definition TV channels. Subscribers get access to movies and documentaries, as well as sports and entertainment programs in 4K at no extra charge.
News categories: Tricolor TV, 1HDTV, Alexey Kholodov, Nikolay Orlov, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box
GS Group announces new SiP-based HD set-top box
Sep 3, 2015 – GS Group has released an HDTV compliant set-top box under the General Satellite brand – GS B212 - for the Russian market. At the heart of the GS B212 is a multichip microprocessor – the GS Nanotech SiP Amber S2.
News categories: GS Group, Tricolor TV, Andrew Bezrukov, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Russian pay TV subscribers reached 37.6 million at end-2014
May 18, 2015 – J'son & Partners Consulting has released results for the Russian pay-TV market at the end of 2014 with forecasts out to 2019. The Russian pay-TV market was the largest in Europe at the end of the year with 37.6 million households receiving cable, satellite or IPTV.
News categories: J'son & Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
GS Group launches STB based on custom processor
Dec 1, 2014 – Russia's GS Group has announced the launch of a new set-top box (STB) to support the upgrade of Tricolor TV customers to high definition (HD). The GS B211 is based on a System-in-Package IC, SiP Amber S2, developed by sister company GS Nanotech.
News categories: GS Group, GS Nanotech, Tricolor TV, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
GS Group and Tricolor TV introduce TV tablet
Nov 13, 2014 – Russia's GS Group has announced the launch of the first tablet computer designed for viewing satellite television service Tricolor TV. The tablet allows subscribers to access the service anywhere in the home where there is Wi-Fi.
News categories: GS Group, Tricolor TV, Apps, Digital TV, Mobile, Russia, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Tablet
Tricolor TV launches pilot Ultra HD 4K channel
Oct 22, 2014 – Russian satellite television service provider, Tricolor TV, has announced that it has begun broadcasting a pilot channel in Ultra HD - a first for Russia. The channel is broadcast with 4K resolution at 60 fps, using HEVC/H.265 compression.
News categories: Tricolor TV, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019