Digital TV News: UEC
Altech UEC manufactures 20 millionth set-top box
Mar 6, 2014 – South Africa's Altech UEC has celebrated the production of its twenty millionth set-top box in February 2014. The biggest market for Altech UEC at the moment is the rest of Africa due to the roll-out of DTT.
News categories: Altech UEC, Danie du Toit, Africa, Market Research, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Altech UEC implements $5 million manufacturing upgrade
Aug 20, 2013 – Altech UEC has further expanded its capabilities with a R50million [US$4.8 million] investment in state of the art equipment to meet the continuing demand for terrestrial set-top boxes, satellite decoders and smart TVs.
News categories: Altech UEC, Finance, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa, Terrestrial
Entone FusionTV enables United Fiber to offer TV and cloud services
Apr 10, 2013 – Entone has announced that United Services, a subsidiary of United Electric Cooperative (UECI), has selected its FusionTV solutions to power the delivery of advanced video services in Northwest Missouri and Southwest Iowa under its 'United Fiber' brand.
News categories: Entone, United Electric Cooperative, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
MultiChoice and Altech UEC launch locally developed 2-tuner HD PVR in South Africa
May 18, 2012 – MultiChoice (JSE: NPN)(LSE:NPSN) has announced the introduction of the Altech UEC (Jo'burg: ALT) supplied 2-tuner HD PVR 2U into the South African market. The HD PVR 2U offers one recording environment and one viewing environment, independent of each other.
News categories: MultiChoice, Altech UEC, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
36 bidders for South Africa's DTT STB tender
May 9, 2012 – South Africa has announced the results of its tender for the production of set-top boxes to be provided to subsidised households. Bids were received from 36 STB manufacturers plus 4 service providers offering to facilitate the migration process.
News categories: Digital TV, Set Top Box, South Africa, Terrestrial
Altech Opens World Class Factory for the Manufacture of Digital Set-Top Boxes
Aug 2, 2011 – Altech UEC (Johannesburg: ALT) has consolidated six buildings on two sites into a single, 13,500m2 state-of-the-art factory at Mount Edgecombe as South Africa begins its migration to digital terrestrial television (DTT).
News categories: Altech UEC, Set Top Box, South Africa, Terrestrial
Altech UEC rolling out VAST-Certified STBs in Australia
Jul 8, 2010 – Altech UEC has confirmed that they have been appointed to supply High Definition (HD) satellite STBs for the initial phase of the Australian Viewer Access Satellite Television, or VAST service.
News categories: Altech UEC, Australia, Digital TV, DVB-S2, MHEG-5, Satellite, Set Top Box
Altech UEC STB Underpins Successful TopTV Launch in South Africa
Jun 8, 2010 – Altech UEC (Johannesburg: ALT) has confirmed that the South African satellite subscription service provider, TopTV, has successfully launched UEC's purpose built STB in what has become one of the most successful Pay TV launches in recent times.
News categories: UEC, TopTV, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
UEC set-top boxes for Eastern Australia satellite TV in-fill service
Apr 14, 2010 – The Australian Government has announced that VAST, a Southern Cross Media and Imparja joint venture, will provide digital TV services to viewers in eastern Australia who cannot receive DTT. Altech UEC will be the initial supplier of set top boxes.
News categories: Southern Cross Media, Imparja, Altech UEC, Australia, Digital TV, Regulation, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Comporium adds ARRIS TV-everywhere box to its offer
- SES launches digital TV platform for West Africa
- Satellite TV revenues to reach $100 billion
- STMicroelectronics Reports 2014 Second Quarter Financial Results
- Broadcom reports second quarter 2014 results
- Pay TV operator software spending shrinks in developed markets
- UK's YouView plans expansion
- Dish TV India adds 332 thousand subscribers in 2Q 2014
- Verizon adds 100,000 FiOS Video connections in 2Q 2014
- Comcast video subscribers down 144,000 in 2Q 2014
- Most sub-Saharan countries to miss 2015 TV switchover deadline
- Netflix adds 1.69 million members in 2Q 2014
- América Móvil pay TV subscribers pass 20 million
- Türk Telekom IPTV subscribers down 6,000 in 2Q 2014
- U.S. ownership of connected TV devices to grow 100% by 2017
- Global pay TV market to generate $280.4 billion in 2014
- Solbox streaming server supports HEVC and MPEG-DASH for Ultra HD
- Videocon d2h chooses Broadcom for HD Satellite DVR
- Beamly announces support for Android TV
- ARRIS and Wurl introduce OTT content portal for cable operators