Digital TV News: UEC
Altech to offer HTML5 apps via the Opera TV Store
Sep 23, 2014 – Altech Multimedia and Opera Software are extending their partnership to bring the Opera TV Store application platform on board selected Altech set-top boxes, kicking off in Australia before rolling out internationally.
News categories: Opera Software, Altech Multimedia, Aneesh Rajaram, Russell Futter, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, Set Top Box
Altech UEC manufactures 20 millionth set-top box
Mar 6, 2014 – South Africa's Altech UEC has celebrated the production of its twenty millionth set-top box in February 2014. The biggest market for Altech UEC at the moment is the rest of Africa due to the roll-out of DTT.
News categories: Altech UEC, Danie du Toit, Africa, Market Research, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Altech UEC implements $5 million manufacturing upgrade
Aug 20, 2013 – Altech UEC has further expanded its capabilities with a R50million [US$4.8 million] investment in state of the art equipment to meet the continuing demand for terrestrial set-top boxes, satellite decoders and smart TVs.
News categories: Altech UEC, Finance, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa, Terrestrial
Entone FusionTV enables United Fiber to offer TV and cloud services
Apr 10, 2013 – Entone has announced that United Services, a subsidiary of United Electric Cooperative (UECI), has selected its FusionTV solutions to power the delivery of advanced video services in Northwest Missouri and Southwest Iowa under its 'United Fiber' brand.
News categories: Entone, United Electric Cooperative, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
MultiChoice and Altech UEC launch locally developed 2-tuner HD PVR in South Africa
May 18, 2012 – MultiChoice (JSE: NPN)(LSE:NPSN) has announced the introduction of the Altech UEC (Jo'burg: ALT) supplied 2-tuner HD PVR 2U into the South African market. The HD PVR 2U offers one recording environment and one viewing environment, independent of each other.
News categories: MultiChoice, Altech UEC, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
36 bidders for South Africa's DTT STB tender
May 9, 2012 – South Africa has announced the results of its tender for the production of set-top boxes to be provided to subsidised households. Bids were received from 36 STB manufacturers plus 4 service providers offering to facilitate the migration process.
News categories: Digital TV, Set Top Box, South Africa, Terrestrial
Altech Opens World Class Factory for the Manufacture of Digital Set-Top Boxes
Aug 2, 2011 – Altech UEC (Johannesburg: ALT) has consolidated six buildings on two sites into a single, 13,500m2 state-of-the-art factory at Mount Edgecombe as South Africa begins its migration to digital terrestrial television (DTT).
News categories: Altech UEC, Set Top Box, South Africa, Terrestrial
Altech UEC rolling out VAST-Certified STBs in Australia
Jul 8, 2010 – Altech UEC has confirmed that they have been appointed to supply High Definition (HD) satellite STBs for the initial phase of the Australian Viewer Access Satellite Television, or VAST service.
News categories: Altech UEC, Australia, Digital TV, DVB-S2, MHEG-5, Satellite, Set Top Box
Altech UEC STB Underpins Successful TopTV Launch in South Africa
Jun 8, 2010 – Altech UEC (Johannesburg: ALT) has confirmed that the South African satellite subscription service provider, TopTV, has successfully launched UEC's purpose built STB in what has become one of the most successful Pay TV launches in recent times.
News categories: UEC, TopTV, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
- Charter residential video customers down 33,000 in 2Q 2015
- HbbTV places contracts for HbbTV 2.0 test suite
- Pay TV in 21% of TV households in East Africa
- StarTimes to distribute DTH across Sub-Saharan Africa with SES
- Pricing pressure drags on TV Set-Top Box market
- High churn rates for U.S. OTT video services
- Broadcom reports second quarter 2015 results
- Videocon d2h releases Direct To Mobile TV app
- Time Warner Cable residential video subscribers down 45,000 in 2Q 2015
- BT TV adds 60,000 subscribers in 2Q 2015
- STB shipments to South Asian countries rise 20% in Q2 2015
- Central American pay-TV subscribers to hit 5.57 million by 2018
- 4K TV shipments to exceed 30 million units in 2015
- BSkyB adds 113,000 TV subscribers in 2Q 2015
- Telecom Italia to add Netflix to TIMvision set-top box
- One third of cable subscribers to be passed by DOCSIS 3.1 by April 2017
- Telstra to launch streaming TV service with Roku
- Dish TV adds 390 thousand subscribers in 2Q 2015
- PathPartner announces HEVC codec for x86 platforms
- Flat Panel Display revenues forecast to fall in 2015