Digital TV News: UPC
Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
Aug 14, 2019 – Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR) and The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) have agreed terms for the continued deliver of Disney content to Spectrum customers. The deal also covers Charter’s future distribution of Disney’s streaming services, including Hulu, ESPN+ and the upcoming Disney+.
News categories: Disney, Charter Communications, Sean Breen, Tom Montemagno, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Liberty Global organic video subscriber losses at 54,900 for 2Q 2019
Aug 7, 2019 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB/LBTYK) has announced results for the second quarter of 2019. The company's continuing operations ended the quarter with 8.44 million video subscribers, a reduction of 54,900 on an organic basis in the quarter.
News categories: Liberty Global, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Poland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
Telaria/Sling TV study shows CTV key to reaching GenZennial voters
Aug 7, 2019 – Telaria (NYSE:TLRA) has published research in partnership with Sling TV, illustrating how Connected TV (CTV) will be the key platform for political advertisers to reach U.S. GenZennial voters, regardless of party affiliation.
News categories: Telaria, Sling TV, Karen Ring, Dave Antonelli, Advertising, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Amino and MOBITV collaborate to provide advanced video services
Jul 29, 2019 – Amino has announced a collaboration with MOBITV. The joint Amino and MOBITV-powered service addresses both operator and consumer demand for alternative video delivery solutions and allows subscribers to enjoy a wide selection of streaming content services.
News categories: Amino, MOBITV, Donald McGarva, Bill Routt, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Manatt and Vorhaus report on the state of content consumption
Jul 11, 2019 – Manatt, Phelps & Phillips and Vorhaus Advisors have released their inaugural Digital Strategy Study. Based on a comprehensive survey, the report identifies trends that illustrate how consumers are interacting with technology to consume digital content.
News categories: Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, Ned Sherman, Mike Vorhaus, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
WarnerMedia names upcoming D2C service HBO Max
Jul 9, 2019 – WarnerMedia has unveiled HBO Max as the name of its new streaming service. The service will include an extensive collection of exclusive original programming as well as content from WarnerMedia’s portfolio of brands and libraries.
News categories: WarnerMedia, Robert Greenblatt, Digital TV, OTT, USA
IMDb TV triples content selection and plans European expansion
Jun 17, 2019 – IMDb has announced that its free streaming video channel, IMDb TV, has plans to triple its content selection through deals with Warner Bros., Sony Pictures Entertainment, MGM Studios and others. Additionally, IMDb TV will launch in Europe later this year.
News categories: IMDb, Mark Eamer, Marc Whitten, Digital TV, Europe, OTT
Europe is not cord-cutting right across the board
Jun 13, 2019 – The European Audiovisual Observatory has published a report on pay audiovisual services in Europe, covering the state of play for the two main segments: linear pay TV and SVOD. The report also analyses the main factors likely to influence their development.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Laura Ene, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite
Nokia Spain becomes Gold Collaborator of 5TONIC Open 5G Lab
Jun 5, 2019 – Nokia Spain has become Gold Collaborator of the 5TONIC Open 5G Lab in Madrid. With Nokia Bell Labs it will work with Telefónica on the implementation of a testbed for Media & Entertainment use cases in the context of the European H2020 5G EVE project.
News categories: 5TONIC, Bell Labs, Telefónica, Arturo Azcorra, Alvaro Villegas, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Spain, UX
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient