Digital TV News: UPC Polska
Liberty Global withdraws application to acquire Multimedia Polska
Mar 23, 2018 – UPC Polska has announced that it has withdrawn its application for regulatory clearance to acquire Multimedia Polska after failing to agree on revised commercial terms with the sellers that take into account current regulatory and market conditions.
News categories: Liberty Global, Multimedia Polska, UPC Polska, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Poland
EU cable industry revenue grows to €23.5 billion in 2016
Dec 4, 2017 – The European cable industry continued to show resiliency and steady growth in 2016, increasing 4 percent from the prior year, to €23.5 billion, according to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO) and Cable Europe.
News categories: IHS Markit, Cable Europe, Maria Rua Aguete, Cable TV, Digital TV, EU, Market Research
Showmax strikes deal with Play in Poland
May 16, 2017 – Showmax has agreed a partnership with Play, Poland’s fastest-growing mobile operator with more than 14 million subscribers. As part of the deal, complimentary access to Showmax will be made available to all new and existing Play contract customers.
News categories: Showmax, Play, John Kotsaftis, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Poland
UOKiK releases report on pay TV in Poland
Oct 7, 2011 – Poland's Office of Competition and Consumer Protection (UOKiK) has issued a report on the country's pay TV market. Services are provided by satellite, cable and IPTV. Satellite has the largest number of subscribers with over 6 million.
News categories: UOKiK, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Poland, Satellite, Subscribers
UPC leads in digital cable in Poland
Jun 13, 2011 – According to Poland's Chamber for Electronic Communication (PIKE), at the end of March 2011, UPC had the largest number of subscribers in Poland receiving digital cable TV, with a total of 408,000. Vectra was second with 331,000.
News categories: Polska Izba Komunikacji Elektronicznej, Cable TV, Market Research, Poland, Subscribers
UPC Polska catching up with Vectra in digital cable
Mar 11, 2010 – According to Poland's Chamber for Electronic Communication (Polska Izba Komunikacji Elektronicznej - PIKE), at the end of 2009, Vectra had the largest number of subscribers in Poland receiving digital cable TV, with a total of 240,000. UPC was second with 229,400.
News categories: Polska Izba Komunikacji Elektronicznej, UPC Polska, Vectra, Cable TV, Market Research, Poland, Subscribers
Vectra leads in digital cable in Poland
Oct 16, 2009 – According to Poland's Chamber for Electronic Communication (Polska Izba Komunikacji Elektronicznej - PIKE), Vectra has the largest number of subscribers in Poland receiving digital cable TV, with a total of 220,000.
News categories: Polska Izba Komunikacji Elektronicznej, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Poland, Subscribers
- MC-IF invites input on VVC interoperability
- SpotX finds 80% of CTV viewers watch ad-supported content
- SERAPHIC launches Freeview Play 2020 solution
- WIND Hellas launches ABR service with Broadpeak
- Roku selects Accedo as a Preferred Developer for Latin America
- Altice USA completes acquisition of Service Electric
- Sencore releases professional ATSC 3.0 receiver decoder
- IBC launches virtual event: IBC Showcase
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Tata Sky adds ZEE5 to its Binge+ Android STB offer
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Safaricom launches Android TV streaming box
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Movistar+ adds picture in picture and upgrades voice functionality
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable