Digital TV News: Uganda Communications Commission
Uganda Communications Commission updates approved DTT STB list
Feb 20, 2015 – The Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) has updated its list of type-approved Free-to-Air Set Top Boxes (STBs) or Decoders for Digital Terrestrial Broadcasting in the country.
News categories: Uganda Communications Commission, Digital TV, Regulation, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, Uganda
Revised minimum specifications for digital set-top boxes for the Ugandan market
Sep 28, 2012 – The Uganda Communications Commission has made optional for DTT FTA receivers its earlier requirement that all set top boxes should have at least one embedded smart card reader or a DVB-CI slot to allow CA modules to be plugged into the box.
News categories: Uganda Communications Commission, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, Uganda
Uganda adopts DVB-T2 and MPEG-4 for DTT broadcasting
Jun 6, 2012 – The Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) has announced that the country has, with immediate effect, adopted DVB-T2 and MPEG 4 as the standards to be used in the provision of Digital Terrestrial Television Broadcasting services.
News categories: Uganda Communications Commission, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial, Uganda
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey