Digital TV News: Ultra HD Forum
DVB to showcase DVB-I at IBC 2019
Sep 10, 2019 – DVB has announced that at IBC it will present the world's first demonstration of linear TV services using the DVB-I solution, which relies on internet-based access and streaming mechanisms alongside classical broadcasting techniques.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Peter Siebert, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum brings updated Guidelines to NAB Show 2019
Apr 4, 2019 – At NAB, the Ultra HD Forum (UHDF) will bring an update to its Guidelines. The unified document describes ‘foundation’ UHD technologies, as well as ‘enhancements’ that are backward compatible but still work on foundation equipment.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, Madeleine Noland, Thierry Fautier, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Smart TV, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum releases Phase A Guidelines v1.5
Sep 14, 2018 – The Ultra HD Forum (UHDF) has released a major Phase A Guidelines update. Version 1.5 is the fifth public release and reflects another intense year of collective industry experience. The Ultra HD Forum promotes best practices for the delivery of UHD.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum releases UHD Phase B Guidelines at NAB 2018
Apr 7, 2018 – The Ultra HD Forum has announced the release of Phase B guidelines. The Guidelines cover Content aware encoding, Dual-layer HDR technologies, Dynamic HDR metadata systems, High frame rate and Next generation audio.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, Madeleine Noland, Digital TV, NABShow, Smart TV, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum Guidelines updated to add forensic watermarking
Apr 21, 2017 – The Ultra HD Forum has released UHD Forum Guidelines version 1.3 including a new forensic watermarking chapter. This chapter is the result of a collaboration with leading watermarking technologies providers.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, Digital TV, NABShow, Watermarking, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum releases updated deployment guidelines
Jan 5, 2017 – The Ultra HD Forum has released version 1.2 of its Ultra HD Phase A industry guidelines. This revision builds on best practices and lessons learned in 2016 and feedback on previous versions of the guidelines.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, Madeleine Noland, CES, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum makes industry guidelines public
Sep 6, 2016 – The Ultra HD Forum has made the latest version of its industry Guidelines public prior to IBC. The Ultra HD Forum Guidelines Working Group is currently working on future versions of the document.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, KPN, David Price, Thierry Fautier, Don Eklund, Arian Koster, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Ultra HD Forum releases industry guidelines
Apr 18, 2016 – The Ultra HD Forum has released the first phase of industry Guidelines on end-to-end workflows for creating and delivering live and pre-recorded UHD content.
News categories: Ultra HD Forum, Thierry Fautier, Digital TV, IBC2019, NABShow
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware