Digital TV News: VPRT
Pay-TV and video see rising demand throughout the German-speaking territories
Jul 25, 2018 – Pay-TV and video services continue to record rising demand throughout the German-speaking territories and are investing to an increasing extent in local in-house productions. These are the key findings of market analysis presented by VAUNET - the German Media Association (formerly VPRT).
News categories: VAUNET, Frank Giersberg, Hannes Heyelmann, Katharina Behrends, Marcus Ammon, Dr. Patrick Hörl, Susanne Aigner-Drews, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Switzerland
Pay TV and VOD revenues in German-speaking territories passed €3 billion in 2016
Jul 25, 2017 – Pay TV is continuing along its growth path, achieving new record figures across German-speaking territories. A further increase in the demand for pay-TV and paid-video-on-demand offerings is also expected for 2017.
News categories: VPRT, Frank Giersberg, Austria, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Switzerland
Audiovisual media revenues in Germany to pass €11bn this year
Oct 24, 2016 – This year, Germany’s audiovisual media will for the first time generate more than 11 billion euros in revenue. Across all the industry’s market segments, VPRT is forecasting revenue growth of 6.2 percent.
News categories: VPRT, Hans Demmel, Frank Giersberg, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Mobile
Pay-TV and VOD revenues to hit €3bn in German-speaking territories
Jul 21, 2016 – Pay-TV is becoming increasingly popular among German-speaking viewers, reaching new record figures in terms of numbers of programmes, usage and revenue. These are the results of a survey by VPRT in Munich.
News categories: VPRT, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Switzerland
Germany audiovisual market set to top €10 billion
Oct 21, 2015 – For the first time, the revenue generated by audiovisual media enterprises in Germany will exceed the 10 billion limit in 2015, according to the latest market forecast published by the Association of Commercial Broadcasters and Audiovisual Services in Germany (VPRT).
News categories: VPRT, Dr. Tobias Schmid, Claus Grewenig, Frank Giersberg, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research
Pay TV booming in German-speaking territories
Jul 15, 2015 – According to the Association of Commercial Broadcasters and Audiovisual Services (VPRT), pay-TV continues to record ongoing expansion in Germany. In 2014, new record figures were reached in terms of revenues, subscribers and viewing times.
News categories: VPRT, Frank Giersberg, Austria, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Switzerland
DVB-T2 pilot project launched in Berlin
Oct 6, 2014 – MEDIA BROADCAST has launched a pilot project in Berlin to test the new DVB-T2 standard. All leading TV broadcasters, relevant industry associations and many companies in the CE industry are involved as project partners.
News categories: MEDIA BROADCAST GmbH, Ulf Heggenberger, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Germany's pay TV revenue exceeds €2 billion in 2013
Jul 8, 2014 – According to a report released by VPRT there were 6.4 million pay TV subscribers in Germany at the end of 2013 with revenue from Pay TV subscriptions and video-on-demand sales at €2.05 billion for the year.
News categories: VPRT, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Subscribers
6.1 million Pay TV subscribers in Germany in 2012
Jul 4, 2013 – Germany's Association of Private Broadcasting and Telemedia (VPRT) has released a report on the pay TV market in Germany. According to the study, there were 6.1 million pay TV subscribers in Germany at the end of 2012.
News categories: VPRT, Cable TV, Germany, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020