Digital TV News: VPRT
Pay-TV and video see rising demand throughout the German-speaking territories
Jul 25, 2018 – Pay-TV and video services continue to record rising demand throughout the German-speaking territories and are investing to an increasing extent in local in-house productions. These are the key findings of market analysis presented by VAUNET - the German Media Association (formerly VPRT).
News categories: VAUNET, Frank Giersberg, Hannes Heyelmann, Katharina Behrends, Marcus Ammon, Dr. Patrick Hörl, Susanne Aigner-Drews, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Switzerland
Pay TV and VOD revenues in German-speaking territories passed €3 billion in 2016
Jul 25, 2017 – Pay TV is continuing along its growth path, achieving new record figures across German-speaking territories. A further increase in the demand for pay-TV and paid-video-on-demand offerings is also expected for 2017.
News categories: VPRT, Frank Giersberg, Austria, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Switzerland
Audiovisual media revenues in Germany to pass €11bn this year
Oct 24, 2016 – This year, Germany’s audiovisual media will for the first time generate more than 11 billion euros in revenue. Across all the industry’s market segments, VPRT is forecasting revenue growth of 6.2 percent.
News categories: VPRT, Hans Demmel, Frank Giersberg, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Mobile
Pay-TV and VOD revenues to hit €3bn in German-speaking territories
Jul 21, 2016 – Pay-TV is becoming increasingly popular among German-speaking viewers, reaching new record figures in terms of numbers of programmes, usage and revenue. These are the results of a survey by VPRT in Munich.
News categories: VPRT, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Switzerland
Germany audiovisual market set to top €10 billion
Oct 21, 2015 – For the first time, the revenue generated by audiovisual media enterprises in Germany will exceed the 10 billion limit in 2015, according to the latest market forecast published by the Association of Commercial Broadcasters and Audiovisual Services in Germany (VPRT).
News categories: VPRT, Dr. Tobias Schmid, Claus Grewenig, Frank Giersberg, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research
Pay TV booming in German-speaking territories
Jul 15, 2015 – According to the Association of Commercial Broadcasters and Audiovisual Services (VPRT), pay-TV continues to record ongoing expansion in Germany. In 2014, new record figures were reached in terms of revenues, subscribers and viewing times.
News categories: VPRT, Frank Giersberg, Austria, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Switzerland
DVB-T2 pilot project launched in Berlin
Oct 6, 2014 – MEDIA BROADCAST has launched a pilot project in Berlin to test the new DVB-T2 standard. All leading TV broadcasters, relevant industry associations and many companies in the CE industry are involved as project partners.
News categories: MEDIA BROADCAST GmbH, Ulf Heggenberger, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Germany's pay TV revenue exceeds €2 billion in 2013
Jul 8, 2014 – According to a report released by VPRT there were 6.4 million pay TV subscribers in Germany at the end of 2013 with revenue from Pay TV subscriptions and video-on-demand sales at €2.05 billion for the year.
News categories: VPRT, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Subscribers
6.1 million Pay TV subscribers in Germany in 2012
Jul 4, 2013 – Germany's Association of Private Broadcasting and Telemedia (VPRT) has released a report on the pay TV market in Germany. According to the study, there were 6.1 million pay TV subscribers in Germany at the end of 2012.
News categories: VPRT, Cable TV, Germany, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Limited reach of Apple TV+ and Disney+ hinders services’ adoption
- Advanced TV solutions are changing local market advertising
- Tru Optik to launch free tool to support TV privacy
- Australia's Network 10 and You.i announce app partnership
- Mirriad announces in-video ad partnership with Tencent