Digital TV News: VT iDirect
SaT5G project demonstrates 5G over satellite use cases
Jun 19, 2019 – The SaT5G project has announced the operation of a number of successful demonstrations of 5G over satellite at the 2019 European Conference on Networks and Communications (EuCNC 2019) in Valencia, Spain.
News categories: SaT5G, Mike Fitch, Indran Sivarajah, 5G, Content Distribution, Satellite, Spain, Worldwide
VT iDirect tests next-generation DVB-S2X with SES
Mar 29, 2017 – VT iDirect has announced another successful over-the-air (OTA) test of its next-generation DVB-S2X technology. The test was conducted with the world-leading satellite operator, SES, over C-Band and achieved 5.7 bps/Hz.
News categories: VT iDirect, SES S.A, Wayne Haubner, Steven Cooper, Content Distribution, DVB-S2, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
SkyStream Launches New IP-TV Streaming Service Based On iDirect's VSAT Platform
Feb 8, 2011 – VT iDirect has announced that Sky-Stream has launched a satellite IP-TV streaming service. The service, which utilizes the Apple TV platform, allows customers in the Middle East and Africa to access on-demand programs in remote locations.
News categories: VT iDirect, SkyStream, Digital TV, Middle-East, OTT, Satellite
- Chunghwa Telecom selects Telestream for QoE & 4K media processing
- Roku and Innovid partner on TV campaign analytics
- Pay TV subscriptions exceed 1 billion
- Mediaocean and ProVantageX integrate tools for local TV buying & selling
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One