Digital TV News: VTV
Vodafone extends deployment of NAGRA across its operating companies
Sep 12, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Vodafone has deployed its cloud-based Security Services Platform, NAGRA cloud.SSP, to help protect Vodafone TV services across a large number of operating companies, including Spain, Portugal, Greece, Italy and Romania.
News categories: NAGRA, Vodafone, Thierry Legrand, Nuno Sanches, Content Protection, Digital TV, Greece, IBC2019, IPTV, Italy, Portugal, Romania, Spain
MAVTV selects 605 for advanced TV measurement
Jan 28, 2019 – Automotive television network, MAVTV Motorsports Network, has announced that it has chosen 605 to deliver ratings and an expansive portfolio of advanced measurement and analytics solutions.
News categories: 605, MAVTV, Ben Tatta, Brock Thompson, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Vodafone deploys NAGRA cloud security for Vodafone TV
Sep 4, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Vodafone has deployed the NAGRA Security Services Platform (SSP). The company is using the platform to secure its multi-network TV service, Vodafone TV (VTV), across several countries.
News categories: NAGRA, Vodafone, Thierry Legrand, Nuno Sanches, Content Protection, Digital TV, Greece, IBC2019, Italy, Media Player, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Spain
Cable Bahamas launches REVGO PLAY powered by Anevia
Oct 5, 2017 – Anevia has accompanied Cable Bahamas in its migration to OTT with the launch of REVGO PLAY. REVGO PLAY allows subscribers to watch live channels, plus recorded and on-demand content on any device. The offer relies on Anevia’s Cloud DVR and includes Anevia’s optimized recording engine.
News categories: Anevia, Cable Bahamas, Bahamas, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, TV Everywhere
Vietnam's VNPT sells more than 100,000 DTT receivers in first 3 months
Mar 27, 2017 – In only the first 3 months, more than 100,000 terrestrial television receivers (DVB-T2) produced by VNPT have been sold in the Vietnam market. VNPT's DVB-T2 boxes are being widely used by domestic users.
News categories: VNPT, VNPT Technology, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Market Research, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, Vietnam
GatesAir announces TV transmitter deals in Vietnam
Sep 26, 2016 – GatesAir has announced three wins in Vietnam. National broadcaster Vietnam Television (VTV) recently placed two orders for transmitter network expansions. The second project is specific to VTV5, a specialty channel serving ethnic minority communities.
News categories: GatesAir, VTV, Darren Frearson, Luong Ngoc Thanh, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial, Vietnam
Broadpeak powers VTVcab OTT multiscreen services in Vietnam
May 24, 2016 – Broadpeak has announced that VTVcab, the largest pay-TV operator in Vietnam, has deployed a wide array of Broadpeak solutions to power its new OTT multiscreen services. Broadpeak's local partner TDG and FPT Information System provided system integration services.
News categories: Broadpeak, VTVcab, Jacques Le Mancq, Nam Bui Huy, Content Distribution, Mobile, OTT, Vietnam
Kudelski Group announces its 2015 annual results
Feb 18, 2016 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced its 2015 annual results. In 2015, the Group strengthened its position in the TV market with a series of new contracts and deployments.
News categories: NAGRA, Cable TV, Content Protection, Middleware, OTT, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Vietnam's VTVcab to use Envivio software for Cloud DVR services
Dec 3, 2015 – Envivio (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that it will equip Vietnam's largest multiple system operator, Vietnam Cable Television Corporation (VTVcab) with its video compression software and network media processor and packager.
News categories: Envivio, VTVcab, Julien Signés, Nam Bui Huy, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Vietnam
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos