Digital TV News: Vectra
UOKiK gives conditional consent to takeover of Multimedia Polska by Vectra
Jan 20, 2020 – UOKiK, Polands Office of Competition and Consumer Protection, has conditionally approved the takeover of Multimedia Polska of Vectra. Vectra will be obliged to fulfil specific conditions which would reduce a risk to equal competition of entrepreneurs.
News categories: UOKiK, Vectra, Multimedia Polska, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Poland
Poland's Vectra adds 89,000 digital TV subscribers in 2013
Feb 6, 2014 – According to Wirtualnemedia.pl, Polish cable TV operator Vectra ended 2013 with around 880,000 pay TV subscribers, up 55,000 from 822,000 at the end of 2012. Digital TV subscribers grew by 89,000 over the year.
News categories: Vectra, Cable TV, Poland, Subscribers
ADB delivers interactivity solution to Poland's Vectra
Jul 4, 2013 – Advanced Digital Broadcast (SIX: ADBN) has announced that it has delivered its advanced systems solution to Polish cable operator, Vectra. The delivered package includes: STB Remote Monitoring, Advertisement Control System and User Messaging System.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Vectra, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Middleware, Poland
Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
Jun 13, 2013 – Polish cable TV operator Vectra has announced the availability of the new HD set-top box produced by Motorola. Up until now, Vectra's HD boxes have been supplied by Advanced Digital Broadcast (ADB).
News categories: Vectra, Motorola, Cable TV, Digital TV, Poland, Set Top Box
Vectra chooses ARRIS Hybrid Set-Top for digital transition in Poland
Jun 3, 2013 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that Poland's second-largest cable service provider, Vectra, has chosen the ARRIS HMC3021 hybrid HD set-top box to accelerate its shift to IP.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Vectra, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Digital TV, Poland, Set Top Box
Vectra Selects SeaChange Back Office for New Video-on-Demand Service
May 10, 2012 – SeaChange International (NASDAQ: SEAC) has announced that Vectra, Poland's third-largest cable operator, will implement its web-centric Adrenalin video back office. Adrenalin will support Vectra's rollout of video-on-demand (VOD) in 2012.
News categories: SeaChange, Vectra, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Poland
UPC leads in digital cable in Poland
Jun 13, 2011 – According to Poland's Chamber for Electronic Communication (PIKE), at the end of March 2011, UPC had the largest number of subscribers in Poland receiving digital cable TV, with a total of 408,000. Vectra was second with 331,000.
News categories: Polska Izba Komunikacji Elektronicznej, Cable TV, Market Research, Poland, Subscribers
UPC Polska catching up with Vectra in digital cable
Mar 11, 2010 – According to Poland's Chamber for Electronic Communication (Polska Izba Komunikacji Elektronicznej - PIKE), at the end of 2009, Vectra had the largest number of subscribers in Poland receiving digital cable TV, with a total of 240,000. UPC was second with 229,400.
News categories: Polska Izba Komunikacji Elektronicznej, UPC Polska, Vectra, Cable TV, Market Research, Poland, Subscribers
Vectra introduces HD PVR in Poland
Nov 16, 2009 – Vectra, the second largest cable TV operator in Poland in terms of number of subscribers, is introducing a new HD personal video recorder (PVR).
News categories: Vectra, Cable TV, DVR, Poland, Set Top Box
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs