Digital TV News: Verance
Verance plans Project OAR support for its watermarking platform
Aug 7, 2019 – Verance has announced plans to add support for Project OAR to its Aspect platform. While the technical specifications of OAR have not been revealed, watermarking is expected to factor into the accurate delivery and decisioning of addressable TV advertising.
News categories: Verance, Project OAR, Nil Shah, Advertising, Digital TV, USA, Watermarking
Next-Gen TV audience measurement pioneered in Phoenix Model Market project
Apr 4, 2019 – Five audience measurement firms are working to help Phoenix broadcasters understand the capabilities of Next-Gen TV, providing information that will someday help viewers tailor the programming they want to watch and enable broadcasters and advertisers to reach viewers with messages that will interest them.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Chuck Shuttles, Steve Davis, Scott L. Brown, Joe Winograd, Raj Patel, Advertising, ATSC, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Verance and Fincons Group partner for Next Gen TV
Jan 22, 2019 – Verance has announced that it has partnered with Fincons Group. The partnership, targeting the U.S. and Europe, combines Fincons' expertise deploying HbbTV applications with Verance's watermark technology.
News categories: Verance, Fincons, Nil Shah, Francesco Moretti, ATSC, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, USA, Watermarking
Connekt and Verance partner to provide ATSC 3.0 advertising
Apr 10, 2018 – Connekt and Verance have partnered to develop the standard for interactive advertising formats to be delivered over the ATSC 3.0 standard. The effort will provide an end-to-end solution for networks, content owners and programmers.
News categories: Connekt, Verance, Mike Fitzsimmons, Eric Anderson, Advertising, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, Watermarking
Verance Watermarking completes field trials on LG TVs
Jan 3, 2018 – Verance has announced that Verance Aspect, selected as a foundational component of the ATSC 3.0 transmission standard, has expanded to smart TV manufacturers with LG becoming the first to complete initial field tests.
News categories: Verance, LG, Nil Shah, Eric Anderson, ATSC, Digital TV, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA, Watermarking
MediaTek SoCs first with Verance Watermarking for ATSC 3.0
Dec 19, 2017 – Verance has announced that MediaTek has become the first SoC provider to complete evaluation tests of Verance Aspect, selected by the Advanced Television Systems Committee as an essential component of the Next Gen TV transmission standard (ATSC 3.0).
News categories: Verance, MediaTek, Nil Shah, Eric Anderson, ATSC, CES, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, Watermarking
Sigma Designs announces Smart TV business restructuring
Oct 11, 2017 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced restructuring activities intended to refocus its operating expenses and accelerate the return to profitability. The actions will focus on streamlining the company’s Connected Smart TV Platforms business.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Thinh Tran, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Verance Automatic Content Recognition recommended for ATSC 3.0 standard
Apr 6, 2015 – Verance has announced that the ATSC TG3/S33 Specialist Group on Management and Protocols has recommended its VP1 Automatic Content Recognition (ACR) technology for the ATSC 3.0 next-generation DTT broadcasting standard.
News categories: Verance, Cox Media, Advanced Television Systems Committee, Nil Shah, Joe Winograd, Dave Siegler, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
Magyar Telekom - H1 2008 results
Aug 7, 2008 – Magyar Telekom (NYSE:MTA)(Budapest:MTELEKOM) has reported results for the first six months of 2008. T-Com Hungary had 15,569 IPTV subscribers and Crnogorski Telekom in Montenegro has 11,087 at the end of the period.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Cable TV, Hungary, IPTV, Montenegro, Results, Subscribers
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019