Digital TV News: Verance
Verance and Fincons Group partner for Next Gen TV
Jan 22, 2019 – Verance has announced that it has partnered with Fincons Group. The partnership, targeting the U.S. and Europe, combines Fincons' expertise deploying HbbTV applications with Verance's watermark technology.
News categories: Verance, Fincons, Nil Shah, Francesco Moretti, ATSC, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, USA, Watermarking
Connekt and Verance partner to provide ATSC 3.0 advertising
Apr 10, 2018 – Connekt and Verance have partnered to develop the standard for interactive advertising formats to be delivered over the ATSC 3.0 standard. The effort will provide an end-to-end solution for networks, content owners and programmers.
News categories: Connekt, Verance, Mike Fitzsimmons, Eric Anderson, Advertising, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, Watermarking
Verance Watermarking completes field trials on LG TVs
Jan 3, 2018 – Verance has announced that Verance Aspect, selected as a foundational component of the ATSC 3.0 transmission standard, has expanded to smart TV manufacturers with LG becoming the first to complete initial field tests.
News categories: Verance, LG, Nil Shah, Eric Anderson, ATSC, Digital TV, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA, Watermarking
MediaTek SoCs first with Verance Watermarking for ATSC 3.0
Dec 19, 2017 – Verance has announced that MediaTek has become the first SoC provider to complete evaluation tests of Verance Aspect, selected by the Advanced Television Systems Committee as an essential component of the Next Gen TV transmission standard (ATSC 3.0).
News categories: Verance, MediaTek, Nil Shah, Eric Anderson, ATSC, CES, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, Watermarking
Sigma Designs announces Smart TV business restructuring
Oct 11, 2017 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced restructuring activities intended to refocus its operating expenses and accelerate the return to profitability. The actions will focus on streamlining the company’s Connected Smart TV Platforms business.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Thinh Tran, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Verance Automatic Content Recognition recommended for ATSC 3.0 standard
Apr 6, 2015 – Verance has announced that the ATSC TG3/S33 Specialist Group on Management and Protocols has recommended its VP1 Automatic Content Recognition (ACR) technology for the ATSC 3.0 next-generation DTT broadcasting standard.
News categories: Verance, Cox Media, Advanced Television Systems Committee, Nil Shah, Joe Winograd, Dave Siegler, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
Magyar Telekom - H1 2008 results
Aug 7, 2008 – Magyar Telekom (NYSE:MTA)(Budapest:MTELEKOM) has reported results for the first six months of 2008. T-Com Hungary had 15,569 IPTV subscribers and Crnogorski Telekom in Montenegro has 11,087 at the end of the period.
News categories: Magyar Telekom, Cable TV, Hungary, IPTV, Montenegro, Results, Subscribers
- LMT picks Harmonic to optimise 4G bandwidth use on its live OTT service
- Minerva YourTV Now cloud integrated with Verimatrix Viewthority
- Kaltura releases updated Cloud TV Platform SDK
- Nielsen rolls Sorenson Media acquisition into new addressable advertising initiative
- Extreme Reach releases 2018 Q4 Video Advertising Benchmarks report
- New services to add $3.6bn to the US D2C video market by 2023
- KCTV selects Alticast to upgrade TV on Korea's JeJu Island
- Samsung rolls out Galaxy S10 5G smartphone across Europe
- Millicom acquires Telefónica’s operations in Panama, Costa Rica and Nicaragua
- Spectrum to offer 'Essentials' OTT TV service to its internet customers
- Atlantic Broadband acquires cable system in Springfield, WV from Comcast
- Vodafone first to connect 5G smartphones to its network
- Amobee integrates Nielsen’s Enterprise Audience API
- TiVo announces metadata deal with Sky Mexico
- Brazil home video market on path to recovery
- Smart speaker household access grows to 13% of internet users
- DoubleVerify acquires digital video technology company, Zentrick
- GDPR device conformance testing service launched by Eurofins
- LG renews license to use Hillcrest motion technology in its remotes
- Minerva unveils advanced pay TV service management tools