Digital TV News: Verizon Digital Media Services
THEO Technologies and IRIS.TV added to the VDMS ecosystem
Apr 8, 2019 – Verizon Digital Media Services (VDMS) has announced partnerships with THEO Technologies and Iris.TV to integrate their technologies with the VDMS platform. The addition expands VDMS’ capability to deliver personalized experiences with a simple workflow on a single platform.
News categories: Verizon Digital Media Services, THEO Technologies, Iris.TV, Ralf Jacob, Steven Tielemans, Field Garthwaite, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Worldwide
VDMS and Microsoft partner to deliver global streaming platform
Apr 4, 2019 – Verizon Digital Media Services (VDMS) has announced that it is working with Microsoft to deliver a simpler way for broadcasters, content owners or streaming services to deliver personalized viewing experiences on Microsoft Azure.
News categories: Verizon Digital Media Services, Microsoft Azure, Ralf Jacob, Scott Guthrie, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
Verizon Digital Media and Unreel partner for D2C content delivery
Nov 12, 2018 – Verizon Digital Media Services has teamed up with Unreel Entertainment to enable customers to launch branded OTT video streaming apps and online destinations. Unreel currently powers OTT consumer experiences for several Verizon Digital Media Services customers.
News categories: Verizon Digital Media Services, Unreel Entertainment, Chris Carey, Dan Goikhman, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Verizon Digital Media Services provides content delivery for Grupo Clarín
Jul 17, 2018 – Verizon Digital Media Services announced that its content delivery network is now utilized by the main digital media properties of Grupo Clarín. Verizon worked with local partner Pontis Technologies to onboard the Grupo Clarín properties.
News categories: Verizon Digital Media Services, Grupo Clarín, Pontis Technologies, Chris Carey, Damián Molinari, Argentina, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT
Conviva adds Limelight Networks to its QoE analytics ecosystem initiative
Sep 6, 2017 – Conviva has announced Limelight Networks as a CDN collaborator for its QoE Ecosystem Analytics initiative. By sharing QoE analytics provisioned for CDNs, a publisher can enable Limelight to act and respond in the shortest period of time to any issues that might arise.
News categories: Conviva, Limelight Networks, Dr. Hui Zhang, Steve Miller-Jones, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Verizon Digital Media to power Gravity Point TV VR hub
May 9, 2017 – Verizon Digital Media Services has announced that it has been selected by Gravity Point TV to power the their VR viewing hub, Gravity Point VR. Gravity Point TV will utilize Verizon's Edgecast Content Delivery Network (CDN) to distribute content.
News categories: Verizon Digital Media Services, Gravity Point TV, Ralf Jacob, Scott Cardoza, Content Distribution, Digital TV, VR, Worldwide
Verizon Digital Media Services integrates Dolby Audio
Apr 24, 2017 – Verizon Digital Media Services and Dolby have announced that encoding and playback of Dolby Audio will be integrated into the Verizon Digital Media Services platform. Dolby Audio will be available as an additional feature of the Uplynk Video Streaming service.
News categories: Verizon Digital Media Services, Dolby, Ted Middleton, Mathias Bendull, Content Distribution, Worldwide
Cinedigm selects Verizon Digital Media Services for linear stream distribution
Apr 12, 2017 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced that it has selected Verizon Digital Media Services to power the streaming and syndication of linear content for its portfolio of over the top digital networks.
News categories: Cinedigm, Verizon Digital Media Services, Erick Opeka, Ralf Jacob, Content Distribution, OTT, USA
Verizon Digital Media Services to launch cloud-based content intelligence system
Apr 6, 2017 – Verizon Digital Media Services has announced that it will soon launch the Verizon Media Xperience Studio, a cloud-based content intelligence system (CIS). The CIS will automate and simplify the online video production and distribution pipeline.
News categories: Verizon Digital Media Services, Ralf Jacob, Apps, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, OTT, USA, Worldwide
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019