Digital TV News: Vestel
Vestel to deliver TVs with Intertrust's ExpressPlay video protection
Sep 13, 2018 – Vestel and Intertrust have announced that Vestel will ship TVs and STBs in 2019 with Intertrust’s ExpressPlay XCA for broadcast video management and protection. ExpressPlay XCA is Intertrust’s video conditional access system based on open standard Marlin DRM technology.
News categories: Intertrust, Vestel, Alberto Sigismondi, Hakan Kutlu, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, Europe, IBC2019, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Vestel partners with Foxxum for Linux-based Smart TVs
Aug 31, 2018 – Foxxum has announced that Vestel has signed an agreement to make Foxxum the single worldwide Smart TV partner for Vestel branded and OEM Products running on its Linux based operating system.
News categories: Foxxum, Vestel, Ronny Lutzi, Hakan Kutlu, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, Smart TV
Vewd enables iVideoSmart partners to launch on smart TV devices
Jun 14, 2018 – Vewd and iVideoSmart have partnered to provide content creators, broadcasters, and publishers with a path to expand their reach through streaming video. iVideoSmart has integrated Vewd Snap, which creates a TV app that works on Vewd enabled devices.
News categories: Vewd, iVideoSmart, Daniel Nordberg, Vincent Martin, Apps, Asia, Content Distribution, Latin America, Mobile, OTT
Vewd and Kaltura build Sesame Street connected TV app
May 29, 2018 – Sesame Workshop has launched a Sesame Street streaming TV app for Vewd-enabled connected TV devices. The app is available on connected TV devices from Sony, Samsung, HiSense, Tivo, Vestel and many more.
News categories: Vewd, Kaltura, Sesame Workshop, Aneesh Rajaram, Gideon Gilboa, Jenny Gioia, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Zoomin.TV builds streaming video apps with Vewd Snap
May 2, 2018 – Zoomin.TV has announced that Vewd will make Zoomin.TV’s streaming video channels available for Vewd enabled devices. Zoomin.TV used Vewd's Snap app creation and distribution tool to build their apps.
News categories: Vewd, Zoomin.TV, Daniel Nordberg, Jan Riemens, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Vestel and Vewd add newest HbbTV standard to smart TV partnership
Mar 13, 2018 – Vewd and Vestel have announced a contract renewal that will see even more Vewd products delivered across the full range of Vestel TVs. The agreement will result in one of the largest deployments of smart TVs with the newest HbbTV standard.
News categories: Vewd, Vestel, Aneesh Rajaram, Hakan Kutlu, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, OTT, Smart TV
Dolby shows industry adoption of audio technologies at CES2018
Jan 9, 2018 – At CES, Dolby (NYSE:DLB) is showcasing a broad portfolio of audiovisual experiences across a range of price points and devices, driving Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos adoption in more markets with leading global partners.
News categories: Dolby, Kevin Yeaman, Blu-ray, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Dolby Vision comes to Vestel OLED and Ultra HD TVs
Nov 9, 2017 – Dolby (NYSE:DLB) and Vestel have announced that Dolby Vision will be featured across the entire range of Vestel’s Ultra HD (UHD) TV’s, including Vestel’s new range of OLED TVs.
News categories: Dolby Laboratories, Vestel, Giles Baker, Hakan Kutlu, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Irdeto and Vestel launch TVs with integrated broadcast pay TV capabilities
Sep 15, 2017 – Irdeto has announced a partnership with Vestel to securely deliver premium content direct to Vestel’s 4K TVs. The collaboration sees the first implementation of Irdeto’s TV Cloaked CA solution which allows consumers to access premium pay TV services through their TV without the need for a separate set-top box.
News categories: Irdeto, Vestel, Steeve Huin, Hakan Kutlu, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Smart TV, Worldwide
- TV sets still dominate video entertainment consumption
- MENA SVOD revenues to triple
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues