Digital TV News: ViXS Systems
ViXS launches USB DTT SoC and TV stick for mobile devices
Jan 4, 2016 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced its XCode 5505 chipset and CordCutterTV stick solution for Over-the-Air (OTA) streaming to mobile video devices. The XCode 5505, available now, is the engine for the CordCutterTV stick which will be available in Q1 2016.
News categories: ViXS Systems, John Pomeroy, CES, Digital TV, ICs, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
ViXS reports first quarter 2016 results
Jun 10, 2015 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has reported results for the quarter ending April 30, 2015. Revenues for the first quarter of fiscal 2016 were $10.0 million, a 34% increase from the first quarter of fiscal 2015.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Results, Semiconductor, Worldwide
ViXS extends professional decoder lineup with HDR and UHD 12-bit colour
Apr 13, 2015 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has extended its family of XCodePro products for professional and infrastructure markets with the launch of its XCodePro 370 decoder. The XCodePro 370 integrates new features such as High Dynamic Range (HDR) and 12-bit colour.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Hugh Chow, Content Distribution, ICs, Semiconductor, Worldwide
ViXS announces 2nd generation Golden Reference Decoder for broadcast
Apr 8, 2015 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced the availability of the industry's next generation Ultra HD 4K HEVC Golden Reference Decoder (GRD2) tool, critical to the testing, validating, debugging and deploying of UHD 4K content for the broadcast industry.
News categories: ViXS Systems, John Pomeroy, NABShow, QoE, Semiconductor, Worldwide
ViXS powers first 4K Ultra HD HEVC 10-Bit OTT media player
Jan 7, 2015 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced that it is powering Skydigita's 4K Ultra HD HEVC Over-the-Top (OTT) media IP Client. The XCode 6400 powered Skydigita SDB-300 series of OTT media IP clients is the industry's first 4K Ultra HD HEVC 10-bit YUV 4:2:2 product on the market.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Skydigita, Perry Chappell, Jiang WuXian, CES, China, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ViXS and Harmonic demonstrate HEVC 1080i and hybrid AVC/HEVC MPEG-DASH streaming
Jan 5, 2015 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has teamed up with Harmonic at CES to demonstrate hybrid AVC/HEVC, MPEG-DASH technology - called HybridDASH. The companies will also demonstrate 1080i HEVC broadcast video delivery using SAFF standard syntax.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Harmonic Inc, Sally Daub, Thierry Fautier, CES, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
ViXS SoC first to support 12-bit High Dynamic Range
Jan 5, 2015 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced 12-bit High Dynamic Range (HDR) support in its SoCs. 12-bit HDR technology is the next evolutionary step in creating lifelike video experiences for the consumer.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Sally Daub, CES, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Panasonic and ViXS collaborate on UHD 4K streaming for AX800 TVs
Oct 31, 2014 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced that Panasonic and ViXS have collaborated on updated UHD 4K functions for Panasonic's AX800 line of Ultra HD (UHD) 4K TVs, including UHD 4K Netflix streaming services.
News categories: ViXS, Panasonic, Sally Daub, Yuki Kusumi, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, USA
Sling Media and ViXS team on Network Transcoder for MSOs and MVPDs
Oct 15, 2014 – Sling Media (NASDAQ: SATS) and ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) have announced their collaboration on Sling Media's new network transcoder, a plug-and-play, stand-alone Slingbox targeted at MSOs and MVPDs.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Sling Media, Sally Daub, Michael Hawkey, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Placeshifting, Satellite, Semiconductor, USA
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient