Digital TV News: Vidaa
Vidaa partners with OTTera to integrate long tail OTT services
Mar 11, 2020 – Hisense and their subsidiary Vidaa have chosen OTTera for onboarding onto the Hisense VIDAA platform. Vidaa will work with OTTera to integrate long tail providers and utilize OTTera's built-in advertising solution.
News categories: OTTera, Vidaa, Stephen L. Hodge, Guy Edri, Advertising, Apps, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Hisense selects Aria Systems' revenue platform for VIDAA Smart TVs
Mar 10, 2020 – Aria Systems has announced that VIDAA International, a subsidiary of Hisense, has selected the company’s cloud billing and monetization platform to support its streaming content platform available on a majority of Hisense, Toshiba and private-label TV models in over 30 countries.
News categories: Aria Systems, VIDAA, Tom Dibble, Guy Edri, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, Worldwide
Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
Feb 11, 2020 – Tubi has announced record growth for 2019. In December alone, the company saw its Monthly Active Users (MAU) grow to 25 million and Total View Time (TVT) rocket to over 163 million hours watched – a year-over-year TVT increase of 160%.
News categories: Tubi, Farhad Massoudi, Digital TV, OTT, Results, USA
Hisense revamps its VIDAA Smart TV platform
Jan 7, 2020 – Hisense has launched a completely revamped version of its VIDAA Smart TV platform. The updated platform, with a new UI and integration of content providers, puts the user and their habits at the center of the TV experience.
News categories: Hisense, Dr. Lan Lin, Apps, CES2020, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Tubi AVOD app to be available on Hisense's Vidaa platform from Spring 2020
Jan 6, 2020 – Tubi has announced that it has entered into a deal with Hisense to offer its library of over 20,000 movies and TV shows on the Hisense Vidaa platform. Beginning Spring 2020, new Hisense TVs powered by Vidaa will have Tubi preloaded.
News categories: Tubi, Hisense, Michael Ahiakpor, Apps, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, UK, USA
Yi+ powers Hisense' artificial intelligence TV system
Mar 1, 2018 – Beijing Yi+ Technology (Yi+AI) has revealed that Hisense's recently announced Artificial Intelligence (AI) television system "VIDAA-AI" uses real-time scene and video recognition technologies powered by Yi+AI.
News categories: Yi+AI, Hisense, Big Data, China, Digital TV, Smart TV
Hisense now world's 4th largest shipper of TVs
Jun 11, 2014 – The number of TV sets shipped globally in Q1 reached 49.7 million, according to DisplaySearch. There was a jump in the number of units shipped by Hisense, bringing the manufacturer's total up to 5.3% of overall units shipped.
News categories: Hisense, DisplaySearch, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Hisense releases Smart TV 2.0
Apr 21, 2014 – Hisense has announced the released of VIDAA2, its latest smart television set. The two main features of the redefined VIDAA2 include new convergence (Juhaokan) and social (Juxiangjia) functionalities.
News categories: Hisense, Zhou Houjian, China, Smart TV
Hisense Launches the World's Fastest Smart TV
Apr 18, 2013 – With the introduction of VIDAA, a stunningly simple, elegant, yet immensely powerful User Interface (UI) for Smart TV, Hisense is providing easy, intuitive operation of advanced Smart TV features and functionality.
News categories: Hisense, Jamdeo, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV
- Verimatrix introduces DRM for video protection between devices
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- FCC proposed rule change to support ATSC 3.0 distributed transmission
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Velocix introduces CDN software for 5G video streaming
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues