Digital TV News: Viewer Access Satellite Television
Australia provides additional funding for rural FTA satellite TV
Jan 3, 2019 – Australia's Minister for Regional Services has announced $10 million in additional funding to secure the Viewer Access Satellite Television Service (VAST) for regional Australians until 2021.
News categories: Viewer Access Satellite Television, Australia, Digital TV, Finance, Satellite
Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
Dec 10, 2013 – Australia has completed its switchover from analogue to digital-only television. The last of Australia's analogue free-to-air television signals have been switched off in Melbourne and communities in Remote Central and Eastern Australia.
News categories: Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Optus Selects Irdeto's Conditional Access System to Secure Its Viewer Access Satellite Television System (VAST)
Jan 31, 2011 – Irdeto has announced that Optus has selected Irdeto's CA technology for the company's Viewer Access Satellite Television (VAST) effort, recently implemented by the Australian Government to allow all Australians to enjoy digital TV including HDTV.
News categories: Irdeto, Optus, Australia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
Altech UEC rolling out VAST-Certified STBs in Australia
Jul 8, 2010 – Altech UEC has confirmed that they have been appointed to supply High Definition (HD) satellite STBs for the initial phase of the Australian Viewer Access Satellite Television, or VAST service.
News categories: Altech UEC, Australia, Digital TV, DVB-S2, MHEG-5, Satellite, Set Top Box
Australia Passes Digital Switchover Legislation
Jun 25, 2010 – The Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, has welcomed the passage through Parliament yesterday of the Broadcasting Legislation Amendment (Digital Television) Bill 2010.
News categories: Australia, Regulation, Terrestrial
UEC set-top boxes for Eastern Australia satellite TV in-fill service
Apr 14, 2010 – The Australian Government has announced that VAST, a Southern Cross Media and Imparja joint venture, will provide digital TV services to viewers in eastern Australia who cannot receive DTT. Altech UEC will be the initial supplier of set top boxes.
News categories: Southern Cross Media, Imparja, Altech UEC, Australia, Digital TV, Regulation, Satellite, Set Top Box
- beIN dispute hits MENA pay TV subscribers
- Steady growth masks seismic shifts in US video and TV market
- BlackBerry joins the Velos Media licensing platform
- Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
- BritBox surpasses half a million subscribers
- DAZN drives global growth via social video with Grabyo
- Euskaltel decoders now integrate Amazon Prime Video
- Cox Media and Nielsen renew TV and audio measurement agreement
- OTT TV market far from being saturated
- TDG research shows sensitivity of Netflix subscribers to price rises
- Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
- Wurl launches server-side ad insertion for Connected TVs
- 16% of U.S. broadband households share online video passwords
- OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
- Mediamorph achieves record customer acquisitions in 2018
- Half of all U.S. video viewing is done with others
- ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
- SpotX releases '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report
- Mirada multiscreen solution launches at One Communications in Bermuda
- Vestel releases first CASTVs with integrated broadcast pay TV