Digital TV News: Viewer Access Satellite Television
Australia provides additional funding for rural FTA satellite TV
Jan 3, 2019 – Australia's Minister for Regional Services has announced $10 million in additional funding to secure the Viewer Access Satellite Television Service (VAST) for regional Australians until 2021.
News categories: Viewer Access Satellite Television, Australia, Digital TV, Finance, Satellite
Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
Dec 10, 2013 – Australia has completed its switchover from analogue to digital-only television. The last of Australia's analogue free-to-air television signals have been switched off in Melbourne and communities in Remote Central and Eastern Australia.
News categories: Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Optus Selects Irdeto's Conditional Access System to Secure Its Viewer Access Satellite Television System (VAST)
Jan 31, 2011 – Irdeto has announced that Optus has selected Irdeto's CA technology for the company's Viewer Access Satellite Television (VAST) effort, recently implemented by the Australian Government to allow all Australians to enjoy digital TV including HDTV.
News categories: Irdeto, Optus, Australia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
Altech UEC rolling out VAST-Certified STBs in Australia
Jul 8, 2010 – Altech UEC has confirmed that they have been appointed to supply High Definition (HD) satellite STBs for the initial phase of the Australian Viewer Access Satellite Television, or VAST service.
News categories: Altech UEC, Australia, Digital TV, DVB-S2, MHEG-5, Satellite, Set Top Box
Australia Passes Digital Switchover Legislation
Jun 25, 2010 – The Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, has welcomed the passage through Parliament yesterday of the Broadcasting Legislation Amendment (Digital Television) Bill 2010.
News categories: Australia, Regulation, Terrestrial
UEC set-top boxes for Eastern Australia satellite TV in-fill service
Apr 14, 2010 – The Australian Government has announced that VAST, a Southern Cross Media and Imparja joint venture, will provide digital TV services to viewers in eastern Australia who cannot receive DTT. Altech UEC will be the initial supplier of set top boxes.
News categories: Southern Cross Media, Imparja, Altech UEC, Australia, Digital TV, Regulation, Satellite, Set Top Box
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan