Digital TV News: Viewer Access Satellite Television
Australia provides additional funding for rural FTA satellite TV
Jan 3, 2019 – Australia's Minister for Regional Services has announced $10 million in additional funding to secure the Viewer Access Satellite Television Service (VAST) for regional Australians until 2021.
News categories: Viewer Access Satellite Television, Australia, Digital TV, Finance, Satellite
Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
Dec 10, 2013 – Australia has completed its switchover from analogue to digital-only television. The last of Australia's analogue free-to-air television signals have been switched off in Melbourne and communities in Remote Central and Eastern Australia.
News categories: Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Optus Selects Irdeto's Conditional Access System to Secure Its Viewer Access Satellite Television System (VAST)
Jan 31, 2011 – Irdeto has announced that Optus has selected Irdeto's CA technology for the company's Viewer Access Satellite Television (VAST) effort, recently implemented by the Australian Government to allow all Australians to enjoy digital TV including HDTV.
News categories: Irdeto, Optus, Australia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box
Altech UEC rolling out VAST-Certified STBs in Australia
Jul 8, 2010 – Altech UEC has confirmed that they have been appointed to supply High Definition (HD) satellite STBs for the initial phase of the Australian Viewer Access Satellite Television, or VAST service.
News categories: Altech UEC, Australia, Digital TV, DVB-S2, MHEG-5, Satellite, Set Top Box
Australia Passes Digital Switchover Legislation
Jun 25, 2010 – The Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, has welcomed the passage through Parliament yesterday of the Broadcasting Legislation Amendment (Digital Television) Bill 2010.
News categories: Australia, Regulation, Terrestrial
UEC set-top boxes for Eastern Australia satellite TV in-fill service
Apr 14, 2010 – The Australian Government has announced that VAST, a Southern Cross Media and Imparja joint venture, will provide digital TV services to viewers in eastern Australia who cannot receive DTT. Altech UEC will be the initial supplier of set top boxes.
News categories: Southern Cross Media, Imparja, Altech UEC, Australia, Digital TV, Regulation, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019
- AirTV 4K streaming stick integrates Sling TV, Netflix and OTA channels
- Dalet to acquire Ooyala Flex Media Platform business
- TekSavvy TV launching across Ontario
- Cyfrowy Polsat launches OTT TV via new set-top-box
- Hotstar sets streaming world record with 25.3 million concurrent viewers
- Amino acquires 24i Media