Digital TV News: Vince Sadusky
Support for ATSC 3.0 announced at NAB Show New York
Oct 17, 2018 – At NAB Show New York, FOX Television Stations; NBC and Telemundo Owned Stations Group; Univision; TEGNA (for Pearl TV), and Nexstar Media Group (for SpectrumCo) announced their collaborative effort and support for the introduction of ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Pearl TV, Jack Abernethy, Valari Staab, Vince Sadusky, Dave Lougee, Perry Sook, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
17 More Stations to Participate in Upcoming Dyle™ Mobile TV Launch
Apr 16, 2012 – Dyle™ mobile TV has announced that additional television stations will join the network of broadcasters delivering content to Dyle™ mobile TV, bringing the total number of broadcast networks participating in Dyle to seven and total launch markets to 35.
News categories: Dyle mobile TV, Mobile, USA
Broadcasters Gear Up for 2012 Commercial Mobile DTV
Apr 13, 2012 – Devices based on the ATSC Mobile DTV Standard are coming to NAB 2012 on a variety of different platforms, including receivers for the car, portable TVs, iPad accessories, and other mobile products designed to bring Mobile DTV to viewers wherever they go.
News categories: Content Distribution, Mobile, NABShow, Semiconductor
U.S. Mobile Digital TV Expands to 120 Stations
Jan 6, 2012 – The Open Mobile Video Coalition (OMVC) has announced that a wide array of device manufacturers, service operators and technology companies will feature at the Mobile DTV TechZone during next week's consumer electronics show in Las Vegas.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, CES, Mobile, USA
Mobile DTV Forum Stepping Up Role in Mobile DTV Deployment
Apr 11, 2011 – The Mobile DTV Forum, the newly established membership category of the Open Mobile Video Coalition (OMVC), is off and running, already creating working groups, selecting members of its Steering Committee and adding new member companies.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Mobile, USA
OMVC Selects Neustar to Provide Secure and Reliable Infrastructure for Mobile Digital TV
Mar 9, 2011 – The Open Mobile Video Coalition (OMVC) has announced it has selected Neustar to provide the Mobile DTV Trust Authority with the infrastructure necessary to deliver live, digital broadcast TV content to various mobile video-enabled devices.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Neustar, Content Distribution, Content Protection, DRM, Mobile, OTT, Portable, Tablet, USA
OMVC Demonstrates Future of Mobile DTV and Details Initial Broadcaster Roll-Out Plans
Jan 8, 2009 – The Open Mobile Video Coalition (OMVC) has announced the first wave of broadcasters that have committed to launching mobile digital television (DTV) services in 2009, covering 35% of U.S. television households.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, CES, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Huawei launches HarmonyOS distributed operating system
- ZTE and China Mobile broadcast China's first 5G sporting event
- Singtel TV subscribers up 1,100 in 2Q 2019
- Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 58,000 in 2Q 2019