Digital TV News: Vince Sadusky
Support for ATSC 3.0 announced at NAB Show New York
Oct 17, 2018 – At NAB Show New York, FOX Television Stations; NBC and Telemundo Owned Stations Group; Univision; TEGNA (for Pearl TV), and Nexstar Media Group (for SpectrumCo) announced their collaborative effort and support for the introduction of ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Pearl TV, Jack Abernethy, Valari Staab, Vince Sadusky, Dave Lougee, Perry Sook, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
17 More Stations to Participate in Upcoming Dyle™ Mobile TV Launch
Apr 16, 2012 – Dyle™ mobile TV has announced that additional television stations will join the network of broadcasters delivering content to Dyle™ mobile TV, bringing the total number of broadcast networks participating in Dyle to seven and total launch markets to 35.
News categories: Dyle mobile TV, Mobile, USA
Broadcasters Gear Up for 2012 Commercial Mobile DTV
Apr 13, 2012 – Devices based on the ATSC Mobile DTV Standard are coming to NAB 2012 on a variety of different platforms, including receivers for the car, portable TVs, iPad accessories, and other mobile products designed to bring Mobile DTV to viewers wherever they go.
News categories: Content Distribution, Mobile, NABShow, Semiconductor
U.S. Mobile Digital TV Expands to 120 Stations
Jan 6, 2012 – The Open Mobile Video Coalition (OMVC) has announced that a wide array of device manufacturers, service operators and technology companies will feature at the Mobile DTV TechZone during next week's consumer electronics show in Las Vegas.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, CES, Mobile, USA
Mobile DTV Forum Stepping Up Role in Mobile DTV Deployment
Apr 11, 2011 – The Mobile DTV Forum, the newly established membership category of the Open Mobile Video Coalition (OMVC), is off and running, already creating working groups, selecting members of its Steering Committee and adding new member companies.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Mobile, USA
OMVC Selects Neustar to Provide Secure and Reliable Infrastructure for Mobile Digital TV
Mar 9, 2011 – The Open Mobile Video Coalition (OMVC) has announced it has selected Neustar to provide the Mobile DTV Trust Authority with the infrastructure necessary to deliver live, digital broadcast TV content to various mobile video-enabled devices.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Neustar, Content Distribution, Content Protection, DRM, Mobile, OTT, Portable, Tablet, USA
OMVC Demonstrates Future of Mobile DTV and Details Initial Broadcaster Roll-Out Plans
Jan 8, 2009 – The Open Mobile Video Coalition (OMVC) has announced the first wave of broadcasters that have committed to launching mobile digital television (DTV) services in 2009, covering 35% of U.S. television households.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, CES, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
- Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
- AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
- China Smart Speaker surge puts Baidu, Alibaba, Xiaomi in reach of Amazon and Google
- SpotX and Jukin Media partner for connected TV monetization
- OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
- Sony’s first 8K TVs go on sale in early June
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Rakuten LIVE interactive streaming service launched
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- Pay TV subscribers in Romania up 3% in 2018
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism