Digital TV News: Vincent Grivet
HbbTV releases Version 2019-1 of the HbbTV Conformance Test Suite
Apr 8, 2019 – The HbbTV Association has announced the release of a new HbbTV Conformance Test Suite. Version v2019-1 is the first one to cover the UHD (Ultra HD) and NGA (Next Generation Audio) features included in the latest version of the specification (HbbTV 2.0.2).
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Panasonic launches smart TV with HbbTV OpApp for HD+ in Germany
Mar 20, 2019 – The HbbTV Association has welcomed Panasonic's deployment of the HbbTV OpApp. The OpApp enables users to access the TV service of HD+ on any 2019 Panasonic OLED UHD smart TV sold in Germany, without the need for any additional hardware or smartcard.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Panasonic, HD+, Vincent Grivet, Kai Hillebrandt, Alexander Sacher, Digital TV, Germany, HbbTV, OTT, Smart TV
DVB and HbbTV release DASH validation tool
Nov 12, 2018 – DVB has collaborated with the HbbTV Association to create a DASH validation tool. The tool checks ISO/IEC 23009-1 MPEG-DASH media presentation descriptions (MPDs) and segments to ensure conformance with DASH-related specifications from DVB and HbbTV.
News categories: DVB Project, HbbTV Association, Peter MacAvock, Vincent Grivet, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Worldwide
Google, Sky, RAI, ERT, Kineton, Skyworth join HbbTV Association
Oct 16, 2018 – The HbbTV Association has announced that seven new companies have joined the industry association in the past 12 months. The new members include Google, Sky, RAI, ERT, Kineton and Skyworth, taking the membership total to 70 companies.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
HbbTV releases version 2018-2 of the HbbTV Conformance Test Suite
Jul 23, 2018 – The HbbTV Association has announced that a new version of the HbbTV conformance test suite has been published. The release is called v2018-2 and includes 75 new approved tests and 107 repaired and re-approved tests.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Vincent Grivet, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, HTML5, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
DVB creates group to define Targeted Advertising commercial requirements
Jan 23, 2018 – Following the publication of the Study Mission Report on Targeted Advertising in September, the DVB Steering Board has approved the creation of a dedicated group to implement the report’s recommendations.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Angelo Pettazzi, Vincent Grivet, Advertising, Digital TV, HbbTV, Worldwide
High-power LTE-A+ Broadcast trials start in Aosta and Paris
Apr 8, 2015 – TDF and Rai have launched the first field trials of LTE-A+ Broadcast from high-power television stations, in Paris and Aosta. The joint project involves contributions by GatesAir (USA) and is supported by IRT (Germany) and Expway (France).
News categories: GatesAir, TDF, Rai, IRT, Expway, Joseph Seccia, Olivier Huart, Vincent Grivet, Alberto Morello, Klaus Illgner-Fehns, Thierry Sergent, Ulrich Reimers, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, Italy, Mobile
- Interra Systems adds support for Dolby Vision to its QC platform
- Global SVoD revenues to grow 25% in 2019 to $36bn
- Rohde & Schwarz wins DVB-T2 transmitter contract in Egypt
- Allegro DVT introduces real-time AV1 encoder IP for 4K/UHD video
- Double digit growth for flat panel displays in 2018
- FreeWheel and A+E Networks pilot unified ad decisioning engine
- GatesAir and Foccus Digital upgrade ISDB-Tb transmitters for TV Record in Brazil
- Global 5G smartphone shipments to reach 5 million units in 2019
- Atlantic Broadband brings new TiVo experience to Low Country area of South Carolina
- Deltatre releases report on sports streaming
- Shemaroo enters the US market with ShemarooMe VOD launch
- Philo unveils connected TV ad platform
- Swisscom switches on Switzerland’s first 5G network
- US SVOD subscriptions to reach 270 million
- Premium video solidifies its position in the European marketplace
- Amazon bulk certifies Espial Elevate operators for Alexa voice control
- ACCESS acquires NetRange
- AT&T sells Hulu minority stake back to Hulu
- Witbe implements Nielsen Watermark Detection
- TekSavvy TV launching in Toronto