Digital TV News: Vivek Khemka
DISH first major US pay TV provider to integrate Netflix
Dec 17, 2014 – DISH has become the first major pay-TV provider in the U.S. to integrate the Netflix app into its set-top box. The app gives customers the ability to stream Netflix movies and TV shows from the same platform used to access their linear TV channels.
News categories: DISH Network, Netflix, Vivek Khemka, Bill Holmes, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
DISH first with NAGRA anyCAST COMMAND pay TV security
Sep 12, 2014 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that DISH Network will be the first customer to deploy NAGRA anyCAST COMMAND, NAGRA’s new security technology that defeats popular forms of piracy like control word sharing and paves the way for ultra-secure 4K services.
News categories: NAGRA, DISH Network, Maurice van Riek, Vivek Khemka, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2020, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
DISH eliminates wire clutter with Wireless Joey
Jun 23, 2014 – DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) has announced its Wireless Joey™ system which gives consumers the ability to watch TV virtually anywhere in and around the home without the need for wiring. The small client connects wirelessly to the Hopper® Whole-Home HD DVR using a dedicated 802.11ac access point.
News categories: DISH Network, Broadcom, Vivek Khemka, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
NAGRA adds multiscreen DRM to DISH/Echostar security
Apr 16, 2014 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it has extended its security partnership with DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) and EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS). DISH and EchoStar have deployed NAGRA’s DRM to secure DISH's Anywhere™ multiscreen VOD service.
News categories: NAGRA, DISH Network, EchoStar, Vivek Khemka, Mark Jackson, Pierre Roy, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, Satellite, TV Everywhere, USA
DISH Super Joey network tuner add-on released
Mar 13, 2014 – DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) has announced that an add-on to its Hopper® Whole-Home HD DVR platform is available, adding two network tuners to the Hopper's three native tuners, allowing a household to record up to eight shows simultaneously.
News categories: DISH Network, Vivek Khemka, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
DISH Network unveils Hopper Whole-Home HD DVR enhancements
Jan 6, 2014 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has unveiled a slate of enhancements to its Hopper™ Whole-Home HD DVR platform that extend the reach of the Hopper experience into the home and improve the overall user experience.
News categories: DISH Network, Broadcom, Joseph P. Clayton, Vivek Khemka, CES2021, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart Home, USA
DISH Anywhere app integrates Hopper transfers for Android, iPad and iPhone
Jan 6, 2014 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has upgraded its DISH Anywhere™ app to integrate the Hopper Transfers™ feature to both iOS and Android phones and tablets.
News categories: DISH Network, Vivek Khemka, Apps, Digital TV, Satellite, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
DISH connects Hopper platform to Control4 home automation system
Sep 26, 2013 – DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) has announced plans to integrate Control4 (NASDAQ: CTRL) home automation technology with its Hopper® Whole-Home HD DVR system. The Control4® system is commonly found both in high-end and mainstream home automation installations.
News categories: DISH Network, Control4, Vivek Khemka, Eric Anderson, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
DISH opens Hopper DVR platform to select mobile app developers
Jul 16, 2013 – In a move designed to deliver new customer experiences and to spur innovation among smartphone and tablet app developers, DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has opened its third-party application programming interface (API) to developers.
News categories: DISH Network, Thuuz, Apps, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- ORS chooses 3SS to deliver simpliTV service in Austria