Digital TV News: Vivek Khemka
DISH first major US pay TV provider to integrate Netflix
Dec 17, 2014 – DISH has become the first major pay-TV provider in the U.S. to integrate the Netflix app into its set-top box. The app gives customers the ability to stream Netflix movies and TV shows from the same platform used to access their linear TV channels.
News categories: DISH Network, Netflix, Vivek Khemka, Bill Holmes, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
DISH first with NAGRA anyCAST COMMAND pay TV security
Sep 12, 2014 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that DISH Network will be the first customer to deploy NAGRA anyCAST COMMAND, NAGRA’s new security technology that defeats popular forms of piracy like control word sharing and paves the way for ultra-secure 4K services.
News categories: NAGRA, DISH Network, Maurice van Riek, Vivek Khemka, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
DISH eliminates wire clutter with Wireless Joey
Jun 23, 2014 – DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) has announced its Wireless Joey™ system which gives consumers the ability to watch TV virtually anywhere in and around the home without the need for wiring. The small client connects wirelessly to the Hopper® Whole-Home HD DVR using a dedicated 802.11ac access point.
News categories: DISH Network, Broadcom, Vivek Khemka, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
NAGRA adds multiscreen DRM to DISH/Echostar security
Apr 16, 2014 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it has extended its security partnership with DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) and EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS). DISH and EchoStar have deployed NAGRA’s DRM to secure DISH's Anywhere™ multiscreen VOD service.
News categories: NAGRA, DISH Network, EchoStar, Vivek Khemka, Mark Jackson, Pierre Roy, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Mobile, Satellite, TV Everywhere, USA
DISH Super Joey network tuner add-on released
Mar 13, 2014 – DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) has announced that an add-on to its Hopper® Whole-Home HD DVR platform is available, adding two network tuners to the Hopper's three native tuners, allowing a household to record up to eight shows simultaneously.
News categories: DISH Network, Vivek Khemka, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
DISH Network unveils Hopper Whole-Home HD DVR enhancements
Jan 6, 2014 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has unveiled a slate of enhancements to its Hopper™ Whole-Home HD DVR platform that extend the reach of the Hopper experience into the home and improve the overall user experience.
News categories: DISH Network, Broadcom, Joseph P. Clayton, Vivek Khemka, CES2020, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, Satellite, Semiconductor, Smart Home, USA
DISH Anywhere app integrates Hopper transfers for Android, iPad and iPhone
Jan 6, 2014 – DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has upgraded its DISH Anywhere™ app to integrate the Hopper Transfers™ feature to both iOS and Android phones and tablets.
News categories: DISH Network, Vivek Khemka, Apps, Digital TV, Satellite, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
DISH connects Hopper platform to Control4 home automation system
Sep 26, 2013 – DISH (NASDAQ: DISH) has announced plans to integrate Control4 (NASDAQ: CTRL) home automation technology with its Hopper® Whole-Home HD DVR system. The Control4® system is commonly found both in high-end and mainstream home automation installations.
News categories: DISH Network, Control4, Vivek Khemka, Eric Anderson, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
DISH opens Hopper DVR platform to select mobile app developers
Jul 16, 2013 – In a move designed to deliver new customer experiences and to spur innovation among smartphone and tablet app developers, DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has opened its third-party application programming interface (API) to developers.
News categories: DISH Network, Thuuz, Apps, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA