Digital TV News: Vodafone
Vodafone 5G goes live in the UK in July
May 14, 2019 – Vodafone will switch on its 5G network for both consumers and business customers in seven cities across the UK on 3 July 2019. In a worldwide first, Vodafone will also offer 5G roaming in the UK, Germany, Italy and Spain over the summer.
News categories: Vodafone, Nick Jeffery, 5G, Mobile, UK
Liberty Global organic video subscriber losses at 60,500 for 1Q 2019
May 6, 2019 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced its financial results for the first quarter of 2019. The company's Vodafone and Sunrise transactions remain on track to close during the summer of 2019 and Q4 2019, respectively.
News categories: Liberty Global, Mike Fries, Belgium, Cable TV, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Poland, Results, Romania, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
Forthnet releases 2018 results
Apr 25, 2019 – Forthnet has announced results for the year ended December 31, 2018. Pay TV subscribers, combining retail and wholesale in Greece and Cyprus, remained steady at 478,000. Collection of viewership data from set top boxes has started via a platform from AdScribe.
News categories: Forthnet, AdScribe, Big Data, Cyprus, Digital TV, Greece, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
Alchimie partners with Lagardère to distribute Gulli and Mezzo channels
Apr 8, 2019 – Alchimie has announced a partnership with Lagardère Active’s TV Division. The agreement enables Alchimie to distribute two of Lagardère Group’s linear channels to Alchimie’s Watch-It subscribers: Gulli in Belgium and Mezzo Live HD in Germany respectively.
News categories: Alchimie, Lagardère, Frederic Rossignol, Caroline Cochaux, Belgium, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, OTT
Vodafone Qatar selects MediaKind's MediaFirst cloud-based multiscreen TV platform
Apr 3, 2019 – MediaKind has announced that it has been selected by Vodafone Qatar to deliver its MediaFirst cloud-based multiscreen TV platform service. The deployment will enable Vodafone Qatar to launch new content over existing IPTV or OTT devices.
News categories: MediaKind, Vodafone, Damien Montessuit, Diego Camberos, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Qatar
Mediawan extends partnership with Alchimie
Mar 29, 2019 – Alchimie has announced an agreement with French media and entertainment conglomerate, Mediawan, extending its current partnership to include a replay / catch up service for nine themed Mediawan linear channels to subscribers on Alchimie’s Watch-It OTT platform.
News categories: Alchimie, Mediawan, Nicolas d’Hueppe, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France, OTT
Vodafone Idea and ShemarooMe form exclusive content partnership
Mar 4, 2019 – Vodafone Idea has partnered with Shemaroo Entertainment’s video streaming service, ShemarooMe. Subscribers to Vodafone Play and Idea Movies & TV apps will have access to Shemaroo’s full content library.
News categories: Vodafone Idea, Shemaroo, Sashi Shankar, Hiren Gada, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT
Operators experiencing up to 100% YoY mobile video growth
Feb 26, 2019 – Research from Openwave Mobility has found that over the past five years, video on mobile networks has grown on average 50-60% year-on-year (YoY), while in many developing markets, the rate is more than twice this.
News categories: Openwave Mobility, Enea, Matt Halligan, 5G, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, MWC19, OTT, Worldwide
Samsung rolls out Galaxy S10 5G smartphone across Europe
Feb 20, 2019 – Samsung has announced a range of 5G operator partnerships in France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Switzerland and the UK that will see the rollout of Samsung's Galaxy S10 5G, the first true 5G smartphone, across Europe this summer.
News categories: Samsung, DJ Koh, 5G, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Smartphone, Spain, Switzerland, UK
- FCC opens up for ATSC 3.0 license applications
- Sky Deutschland adds multiroom box to Sky Q offering
- Openview STB activations growing at 35,000 per month
- 2019 LG AI ThinQ TVs add Amazon Alexa support
- Telcos to dominate Western European pay TV
- Roku introduces analytics and planning tools for OTT advertisers
- IHS Markit and Informa to exchange business units
- Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
- AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
- China Smart Speaker surge puts Baidu, Alibaba, Xiaomi in reach of Amazon and Google
- SpotX and Jukin Media partner for connected TV monetization
- OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
- Sony’s first 8K TVs go on sale in early June
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Rakuten LIVE interactive streaming service launched
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?