Digital TV News: Vodafone
AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
Dec 3, 2019 – Amazon Web Services (AWS) [NASDAQ: AMZN] has announced AWS Wavelength. Wavelength embeds AWS compute and storage services at the edge of telecommunications providers’ 5G networks, enabling developers to serve use-cases that require ultra-low latency.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, Matt Garman, 5G, Content Distribution, Worldwide
Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
Dec 3, 2019 – Vodafone UK customers can now enjoy unlimited streaming of their favourite entertainment both in and out of the home with superfast broadband, unlimited mobile data and Apple TV 4K, plus 12 free months of Apple TV+, all in one package.
News categories: Vodafone, Apple, Max Taylor, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
TeraVolt analyses TV app platforms in Germany
Oct 17, 2019 – TeraVolt has analysed with the help of an expert panel how to reach as many German households as possible with TV apps. According to the analysis, HbbTV represents the largest hardware segment. By 2023, it will grow to 20 million households.
News categories: TeraVolt, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Pay TV subscriptions in Portugal near 4 million at mid-2019
Sep 24, 2019 – According to Anacom, at the end of 1H 2019, there were around 4 million pay TV subscribers in Portugal, up 132,000 (+3.4%) over the same period of 2018. The growth was driven by fibre-based offerings, which were up 20.2%.
News categories: Anacom, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Portugal, Satellite, Subscribers
Vodafone extends deployment of NAGRA across its operating companies
Sep 12, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Vodafone has deployed its cloud-based Security Services Platform, NAGRA cloud.SSP, to help protect Vodafone TV services across a large number of operating companies, including Spain, Portugal, Greece, Italy and Romania.
News categories: NAGRA, Vodafone, Thierry Legrand, Nuno Sanches, Content Protection, Digital TV, Greece, IBC2019, IPTV, Italy, Portugal, Romania, Spain
Vodafone and Kaltura extend cooperation to Greece, Romania and Portugal
Sep 11, 2019 – Kaltura has announced that its Kaltura Cloud TV technology is now supporting the launch of Vodafone TV in Greece, Romania and Portugal. A common cloud-based platform allows each OpCo to launch the Vodafone TV service within its country.
News categories: Kaltura, Vodafone, Ron Yekutiel, Wolfgang Zeller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Greece, IBC2019, IPTV, Portugal, Romania
Liberty Global organic video subscriber losses at 54,900 for 2Q 2019
Aug 7, 2019 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB/LBTYK) has announced results for the second quarter of 2019. The company's continuing operations ended the quarter with 8.44 million video subscribers, a reduction of 54,900 on an organic basis in the quarter.
News categories: Liberty Global, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ireland, Poland, Results, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UK
Vodafone NZ new TV box goes on sale in September
Aug 6, 2019 – Vodafone has announced that its Vodafone TV device wll go on sale in New Zealand in September. The box includes the ability to record content, and rewind free-to-air and Sky channels, plus a range of popular apps are pre-loaded.
News categories: Vodafone, Carolyn Luey, Digital TV, New Zealand, OTT, Set Top Box
Liberty Global Vodafone deal completed
Jul 31, 2019 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced that it has completed the sale of its operations in Germany, Hungary, Romania and the Czech Republic to Vodafone for approximately €19.0 billion on a U.S. GAAP basis.
News categories: Liberty Global, Vodafone, Cable TV, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Hungary, MnA, Romania
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
- WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware