Digital TV News: Vrio
AT&T US down 627k; Vrio down 32k video subs in 1Q 2019
Apr 24, 2019 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the first quarter of 2019. Total U.S. video subscribers were down 627,000 in the quarter with DIRECTV NOW accounting for 83,000 of the losses. For Vrio in Latin America, net subscribers also declined, by 32,000.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
LatAm will return to pay TV subs growth in 2020
Mar 25, 2019 – According to Digital TV Research, the number of pay TV subscribers in Latin America was flat year-on-year in 2018. Two operators dominate with América Móvil and DIRECTV/Sky accounting for nearly half of the region’s pay TV subscribers.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Latin America, Subscribers
AT&T US down 658k; Vrio up 198k video subs in 4Q 2018
Jan 30, 2019 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the fourth quarter of 2018. Total U.S. video subscribers declined by 658,000 in the quarter. For Vrio, subscriber net adds were 198,000 with gains in the South Region and Brazil.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, OTT, Results, Satellite, USA
Wyplay to work on HD and 4K DVR enhancements for Vrio
Dec 4, 2018 – Wyplay has announced that it has been contracted to work on enhancements to the newly launched HD and 4K DVRs for Latin America and SKY Brasil. The hybrid products provide satellite and internet enabled video streams and ISDB-T.
News categories: Wyplay, Vrio, Jacques Bourgninaud, Brazil, Caribbean, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Latin America, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
AT&T US down 297k; Vrio down 73k video subs in 3Q 2018
Oct 24, 2018 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the third quarter of 2018. Total U.S. video subscribers declined by 297,000 in the quarter as DIRECTV NOW subscriber additions partially offset linear video declines. For Vrio, gains in Brazil were offset by losses in other regions.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Mexico, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
AT&T withdraws Latin America IPO
Apr 19, 2018 – AT&T (NYSE: T) has decided to withdraw its planned initial public offering of shares of Vrio Corp. The company made this decision based on current market conditions.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPO, Latin America, Satellite
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- Pay TV subscribers in Romania up 3% in 2018
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism
- Rostelecom pay TV subscribers up 3% YoY in 1Q 2019
- WMYD to host Detroit’s first Next-Gen TV station
- 3SS and Media Distillery team up for ultra-personalized AI-powered TV
- Redbox selects You.i TV to develop React Native app on Roku
- MainStreaming secures $6 million funding
- Survey reveals increasing use of multiple TV sources by viewers in Europe
- SK Telecom to offer world's first live TV sports broadcast over 5G
- Four media measurement bodies form global alliance
- Sony and Chicken Soup for the Soul launch Crackle Plus
- Philo brings streaming TV to WOW! broadband customers