Digital TV News: Vrio
AT&T US down 627k; Vrio down 32k video subs in 1Q 2019
Apr 24, 2019 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the first quarter of 2019. Total U.S. video subscribers were down 627,000 in the quarter with DIRECTV NOW accounting for 83,000 of the losses. For Vrio in Latin America, net subscribers also declined, by 32,000.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
LatAm will return to pay TV subs growth in 2020
Mar 25, 2019 – According to Digital TV Research, the number of pay TV subscribers in Latin America was flat year-on-year in 2018. Two operators dominate with América Móvil and DIRECTV/Sky accounting for nearly half of the region’s pay TV subscribers.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Latin America, Subscribers
AT&T US down 658k; Vrio up 198k video subs in 4Q 2018
Jan 30, 2019 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the fourth quarter of 2018. Total U.S. video subscribers declined by 658,000 in the quarter. For Vrio, subscriber net adds were 198,000 with gains in the South Region and Brazil.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, OTT, Results, Satellite, USA
Wyplay to work on HD and 4K DVR enhancements for Vrio
Dec 4, 2018 – Wyplay has announced that it has been contracted to work on enhancements to the newly launched HD and 4K DVRs for Latin America and SKY Brasil. The hybrid products provide satellite and internet enabled video streams and ISDB-T.
News categories: Wyplay, Vrio, Jacques Bourgninaud, Brazil, Caribbean, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Latin America, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
AT&T US down 297k; Vrio down 73k video subs in 3Q 2018
Oct 24, 2018 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the third quarter of 2018. Total U.S. video subscribers declined by 297,000 in the quarter as DIRECTV NOW subscriber additions partially offset linear video declines. For Vrio, gains in Brazil were offset by losses in other regions.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Mexico, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
AT&T withdraws Latin America IPO
Apr 19, 2018 – AT&T (NYSE: T) has decided to withdraw its planned initial public offering of shares of Vrio Corp. The company made this decision based on current market conditions.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPO, Latin America, Satellite
- Dalet to acquire Ooyala Flex Media Platform business
- Amino acquires 24i Media
- European pay TV to gain 17.7 million subscribers between 2019 and 2023
- OpenAP partners with dataxu to power digital audience creation
- Manatt and Vorhaus report on the state of content consumption
- Mirada results for the year ended 31 March 2019
- Prices for mid- and large-sized LCD panels keep falling in 3Q
- 7.1 million digital paying CATV subscribers for Hathway at end-2Q 2019
- Tremor Video combines capabilities with YuMe by RhythmOne
- Tastemade selects Telaria for programmatic OTT and CTV advertising
- SmartLabs becomes Samsung Smart TV App Developer
- India active DTH subscribers up 1.95 million in 1Q 2019
- DVB adds HDR Dynamic Mapping to its AV coding specifications
- Third of Netflix subscribers might switch to a cheaper, ad-supported tier
- WarnerMedia names upcoming D2C service HBO Max
- Dplay expands Appear TV OTT delivery with dynamic ads
- Comscore announces launch of Video Metrix Multi-Platform in Malaysia
- ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery choose 3SS to power Joyn
- Over 100 million monthly active users for ThinkAnalytics' cloud content discovery
- Dedicated Ethiopian TV neighbourhood created on NSS-12 at 57°E