Digital TV News: Vrio
Wyplay to work on HD and 4K DVR enhancements for Vrio
Dec 4, 2018 – Wyplay has announced that it has been contracted to work on enhancements to the newly launched HD and 4K DVRs for Latin America and SKY Brasil. The hybrid products provide satellite and internet enabled video streams and ISDB-T.
News categories: Wyplay, Vrio, Jacques Bourgninaud, Brazil, Caribbean, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Latin America, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
AT&T US down 297k; Vrio down 73k video subs in 3Q 2018
Oct 24, 2018 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the third quarter of 2018. Total U.S. video subscribers declined by 297,000 in the quarter as DIRECTV NOW subscriber additions partially offset linear video declines. For Vrio, gains in Brazil were offset by losses in other regions.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Mexico, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
AT&T withdraws Latin America IPO
Apr 19, 2018 – AT&T (NYSE: T) has decided to withdraw its planned initial public offering of shares of Vrio Corp. The company made this decision based on current market conditions.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPO, Latin America, Satellite
- Beeline chooses Broadpeak CDNs for TV Everywhere service
- AT&T launches standards-based mobile 5G network and hotspot device
- Inter Mountain Cable partners with Espial for TV services
- Discovery partners with SpotX for TVE advertising over the holidays
- Brightcove releases research on consumer video streaming preferences
- ATEME enable ATSC 3.0 field research at NAB/CTA test site in Cleveland
- Comscore extends relationship with Scripps to full TV station group deal
- Innovation drives Korea to become a Top 10 video market
- beIN MEDIA announces satellite migration to Eutelsat
- Kbro chooses Alticast middleware to power upgrade to Android TV
- Euskaltel offers telecom services in Catalonia through the RACC
- Sling TV first vMVPD on Oculus Go VR headset
- Alphonso launches local TV ad analytics and attribution
- Synamedia solution helps combat rapid rise in OTT account sharing
- 3SS launches 3READY Assistant to augment its Android TV launcher
- EIB supports expansion of DTT broadcasting network in Romania
- Appetite for streaming in the Nordics continues to grow
- Demand for Netflix Originals set to overtake licensed titles in the U.S.
- Androidmov Technology unveils IPTV UX software
- Updated specifications for digital distribution of film and TV released