Digital TV News: Vrio
AT&T US down 627k; Vrio down 32k video subs in 1Q 2019
Apr 24, 2019 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the first quarter of 2019. Total U.S. video subscribers were down 627,000 in the quarter with DIRECTV NOW accounting for 83,000 of the losses. For Vrio in Latin America, net subscribers also declined, by 32,000.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
LatAm will return to pay TV subs growth in 2020
Mar 25, 2019 – According to Digital TV Research, the number of pay TV subscribers in Latin America was flat year-on-year in 2018. Two operators dominate with América Móvil and DIRECTV/Sky accounting for nearly half of the region’s pay TV subscribers.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Latin America, Subscribers
AT&T US down 658k; Vrio up 198k video subs in 4Q 2018
Jan 30, 2019 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the fourth quarter of 2018. Total U.S. video subscribers declined by 658,000 in the quarter. For Vrio, subscriber net adds were 198,000 with gains in the South Region and Brazil.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, OTT, Results, Satellite, USA
Wyplay to work on HD and 4K DVR enhancements for Vrio
Dec 4, 2018 – Wyplay has announced that it has been contracted to work on enhancements to the newly launched HD and 4K DVRs for Latin America and SKY Brasil. The hybrid products provide satellite and internet enabled video streams and ISDB-T.
News categories: Wyplay, Vrio, Jacques Bourgninaud, Brazil, Caribbean, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Latin America, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
AT&T US down 297k; Vrio down 73k video subs in 3Q 2018
Oct 24, 2018 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the third quarter of 2018. Total U.S. video subscribers declined by 297,000 in the quarter as DIRECTV NOW subscriber additions partially offset linear video declines. For Vrio, gains in Brazil were offset by losses in other regions.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Mexico, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
AT&T withdraws Latin America IPO
Apr 19, 2018 – AT&T (NYSE: T) has decided to withdraw its planned initial public offering of shares of Vrio Corp. The company made this decision based on current market conditions.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPO, Latin America, Satellite
- UK leads Europe's TV market into cord-cutting era
- Tremor Video DSP introduces Private Marketplace Packages
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 121,000 in 1Q 2019
- Tata Sky adds recommendations to mobile and desktop apps with ThinkAnalytics
- One-third of U.S. TV content viewers report owning an antenna
- Anevia selected by INEA for multi-screen TV on ADB's platform
- Videa to use Red Bee Media metadata in automated TV ad offering
- RCN chooses TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform
- U.S. installed base of AR head-mounted devices to reach 6.5m units by 2025
- AT&T US down 627k; Vrio down 32k video subs in 1Q 2019
- TalkTalk TV STBs gain access to Amazon Prime
- M7 app integrated with Vestel-produced smart TVs
- INKA Entworks announces SPEKE API integration with AWS Elemental
- Digital conversion boosts Eastern European pay TV
- Airtel renews long-term partnership with Synamedia
- Astro partners with Synamedia for new video services
- Eros Now strikes distribution deal with TCL in India
- NAGRA and PT LinkNet extend content protection to hybrid Android TV service
- Majority of US homes to have a Smart Speaker next year
- IAB releases for comment specification to improve video advertising