Digital TV News: WRAL
ENENSYS technology deployed in live ATSC 3.0 showcase
Mar 19, 2018 – ENENSYS has announced that its ATSCheduler – ATSC3.0 Broadcast Gateway - was successfully used in the recent live Next Gen TV showcase by WRAL-TV, NBC Universal and NAB. The technology has also been deployed in several other US trials and by broadcasters in Korea.
News categories: ENENSYS, WRAL, Richard Lhermitte, Pete Sockett, Apps, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, NABShow, USA
WRAL-TV uses ATEME compression for ATSC 3.0 Winter Games transmission
Feb 22, 2018 – ATEME has announced that WRAL-TV has tested TITAN compression as part of public demonstrations of the ATSC 3.0 TV standard. The partners worked together to broadcast 4K ultra HD video using LDM technology and showcase new interactive applications.
News categories: ATEME, WRAL-TV, Walid Hamri, Jimmy Goodmon, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
MediaTek SoCs first with Verance Watermarking for ATSC 3.0
Dec 19, 2017 – Verance has announced that MediaTek has become the first SoC provider to complete evaluation tests of Verance Aspect, selected by the Advanced Television Systems Committee as an essential component of the Next Gen TV transmission standard (ATSC 3.0).
News categories: Verance, MediaTek, Nil Shah, Eric Anderson, ATSC, CES2020, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, Watermarking
Keepixo enables WRAL-TV ATSC 3.0 TV station
Jul 5, 2016 – Keepixo has announced that it is taking part in the launch of WRAL-TV's ATSC 3.0 TV station by providing its DASH Packager which enables Internet Protocol (IP) based delivery of media content as specified in the new standard.
News categories: Keepixo, WRAL-TV, Jerome Blanc, Pete Sockett, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Harmonic powers WRAL-TV ATSC 3.0 trial TV station
Jun 29, 2016 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that WRAL-TV in Raleigh-Durham is testing the next-generation ATSC 3.0 broadcast television standard in 4K/UHD and HD with High Dynamic Range (HDR) and Wide Color Gamut (WCG) using Harmonic broadcast encoders.
News categories: Harmonic, WRAL-TV, Doug Triblehorn, Pete Sockett, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
OMVC Applauds Multi-Station Tests Delivering Broadcast Mobile DTV in Chicago
Nov 10, 2008 – The Open Mobile Video Coalition (OMVC) has applauded technical ATSC mobile DTV field trials conducted simultaneously by ION Media Networks' WCPX and Fox Television Stations' WPWR in the Chicago region.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
WRAL to Broadcast Local Mobile Digital TV Signals
Jul 23, 2008 – Digital television pioneer WRAL and the CBC New Media Group are sponsoring North Carolina's first field test of mobile digital television (DTV) technology in the Raleigh-Durham television market.
News categories: Open Mobile Video Coalition, Capitol Broadcasting Company, Digital TV, Mobile, USA
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV