Digital TV News: Wade Oosterman
Bell Canada launches 500 channel live TV app
May 15, 2017 – Bell Canada has launched Fibe Alt TV, a new way to watch live and on-demand television. With no traditional TV subscription or set-top box required, Alt TV is accessed through the Fibe TV app and offers up to 500 channels.
News categories: Bell Canada, Wade Oosterman, Rizwan Jamal, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
Bell Fibe TV to be available OTT in early 2017
Sep 6, 2016 – Bell Canada has announced that by the end of Q1 2017, Fibe TV customers will no longer be required to sign up for Fibe Internet service to access Canada's fastest-growing television service.
News categories: Bell, Wade Oosterman, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT
TELUS, Bell Canada, and Bell Aliant sign up to 'Project Latte' streaming
Nov 5, 2014 – Bell Media has announced that it has reached distribution deals with TELUS, Bell Canada, and Bell Aliant to deliver its video streaming service, code-named 'Project Latte'. 'Project Latte' is to open to every TV provider in Canada.
News categories: Bell Media, TELUS, Bell Canada, Bell Aliant, Kevin Crull, David Fuller, Wade Oosterman, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Satellite
Bell Mobile TV welcomes one millionth subscriber
Sep 17, 2013 – Bell Canada (TSX, NYSE: BCE) has welcomed its one millionth subscriber to Bell Mobile TV, the wireless data service that offers on-the-go access to more than 40 channels of live and on-demand sports, news, entertainment and children's TV programming.
News categories: Bell Canada, Wade Oosterman, Canada, Digital TV, Mobile, Subscribers
Watch TV anywhere with the new Bell TV app
Aug 19, 2013 – Bell Canada has announced the launch of its Bell TV app that lets customers watch popular channels that they receive in their programming package at home on tablet or smartphones at no extra charge.
News categories: Bell Canada, Apps, Canada, IPTV, Mobile, Satellite, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere
Bell introduces enhanced Mobile TV player powered by QuickPlay Media
Mar 1, 2012 – Bell Canada (TSX, NYSE: BCE) has announced enhancements to its Mobile TV service. Powered by QuickPlay Media, the new Bell Mobile TV player delivers access to live and on-demand sports, news, entertainment and children's programming.
News categories: QuickPlay, Bell Canada, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan