Digital TV News: Waoo
Waoo takes TV Authentication and Analytics to the Cloud with Verimatrix
Apr 15, 2020 – Waoo has selected content security and analytics from Verimatrix (Paris: VMX). The lower capital investment and faster time-to-market of the SaaS services will provide Waoo with competitive advantage in the Danish market.
News categories: Verimatrix, Waoo, Asaf Ashkenazi, Ole Ørndrup, Big Data, Cable TV, Content Protection, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV
Waoo! launches 4K TV box with built-in Netflix
Jan 6, 2016 – Waoo!, the company set up to market the fibre-access networks of Denmark’s largest energy companies, has announced the introduction of a 4K TV set with built-in Netflix support.
News categories: Waoo!, AirTies, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2013 results
Jan 22, 2014 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has released its fourth-quarter 2013 financial results. The company ended 2013 with over 44 million members with higher domestic net additions than in 2012 and growing international success.
News categories: Netflix, Digital TV, DVD, Europe, Latin America, North America, OTT, Results, Subscribers, USA
AirTies integrates Netflix with IPTV for Denmark's Waoo!
Jan 6, 2014 – AirTies has announced that it has integrated Netflix with an IPTV service for Danish fibre broadband provider Waoo! AirTies has developed the first set-top box to allow subscribers to view Netflix’s services alongside IPTV.
News categories: AirTies, Waoo!, Netflix, Joergen Stensgaard, Bulent Celebi, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Waoo! Selects RGB Networks' Video Multiprocessing Gateway and TransAct Packager for Delivery of Over-the-Top Video Service
Aug 30, 2011 – RGB Networks has announced that Waoo!, a Danish broadband provider, has selected and deployed RGB's Video Multiprocessing Gateway (VMG™) and TransAct Packager to provide a complete transcoding and packaging solution for its new OTT video service.
News categories: RGB Networks, Waoo!, Content Distribution, Denmark, IPTV, OTT
- Cinedigm partners with Vewd for global OTT channel distribution
- 3SS and Technicolor upgrade Com Hem Tv Hub to Android P
- Pay TV ARPU at record high levels in the Nordics
- Applicaster Quick Brick Framework speeds video app development
- Evolution Digital launches Android TV device management platform
- Zixi powers 4K UHD Bloomberg TV+ service
- Telekom Malaysia selects Skyworth as 4K Android TV Operator Tier partner
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy