Digital TV News: Warner Bros
Movies Anywhere now available on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
Jun 23, 2020 – VIZIO has added the MOVIES ANYWHERE app to its SmartCast TV platform. MOVIES ANYWHERE offers a way for users to access movies purchased across platforms and digital retailer accounts, all in one place.
News categories: VIZIO, Movies Anywhere, Mike O'Donnel, Karin Gilford, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
HBO Max launched in the U.S.
May 27, 2020 – WarnerMedia’s streaming platform, HBO Max, has officially launched. The launch is the culmination of efforts to bring the best of WarnerMedia together to launch the new offering, following AT&T’s acquisition of Time Warner.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Bob Greenblatt, Digital TV, OTT, USA
HBO Max to launch on May 27th
Apr 21, 2020 – WarnerMedia's streaming platform HBO Max will launch on May 27th. With 10,000 hours of curated premium content, HBO Max will bring together HBO, third-party programs and movies, and content from Warner Media's library.
News categories: HBO Max, WarnerMedia, Kevin Reilly, Sarah Aubrey, Robert Greenblatt, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
Mar 27, 2020 – LG Electronics USA and Movies Anywhere have announced the arrival of the Movies Anywhere app on LG Smart TVs. Movies Anywhere lets users enjoy their purchased or redeemed digital movies combined in one simplified, personal collection.
News categories: LG Electronics, Movies Anywhere, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
Feb 11, 2020 – Tubi has announced record growth for 2019. In December alone, the company saw its Monthly Active Users (MAU) grow to 25 million and Total View Time (TVT) rocket to over 163 million hours watched – a year-over-year TVT increase of 160%.
News categories: Tubi, Farhad Massoudi, Digital TV, OTT, Results, USA
U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019
Jan 13, 2020 – DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group has released its Year-End 2019 Digital Media Entertainment Report compiled by DEG members, tracking sources and retail input. Digital Media Entertainment spending jumped 8.4% in 2019 to a record $25.2 billion.
News categories: DEG: The Digital Entertainment Group, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, OTT, USA
WarnerMedia unveils HBO Max
Oct 30, 2019 – WarnerMedia has unveiled details about its HBO Max direct-to-consumer strategy, revealing a comprehensive offering of programming options for every audience, product features and functionality, and its go-to-market plans.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, AT&T, Robert Greenblatt, Ann Sarnoff, Kevin Reilly, John Stankey, Tony Goncalves, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Xandr adds Clypd to its portfolio of products and services
Oct 18, 2019 – Xandr has added clypd to its portfolio of products and services. As part of the Xandr family, clypd will accelerate converged buying and selling across addressable TV, data-driven linear TV, mobile, and OTT channels on streaming video services.
News categories: Xandr, clypd, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, OTT, USA
Samsung announces support for HDR10+ on 8K
Sep 4, 2019 – Samsung has announced that it will support the world’s first 8K HDR10+ content, partnering with three European streaming services. CHILI, The Explorers and MEGOGO will adopt 8K HDR10+ along with support for 4K HDR10+.
News categories: Samsung, MEGOGO, Hyogun Lee, Victor Chekanov, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Russia, Smart TV
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers