Digital TV News: Wayne Tsai
MStar integrates Verimatrix VCAS Ultra for 4K TVs
Jan 5, 2016 – MStar Semiconductor has announced that it has extended its partnership with Verimatrix to offer a secure system-on-chip (SoC) specifically designed for UHD/4K connected TVs. The MStar G6P2 SoC has been integrated with the Verimatrix' VCAS Ultra.
News categories: MStar Semi, Verimatrix, Wayne Tsai, Petr Peterka, CES2020, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
MStar, Intertrust and Rambus to show security for 4K UHD TV at IBC 2015
Sep 10, 2015 – MStar Semiconductor has announced that it has started production of a secure chipset for connected TVs that integrates the Rambus Cryptography Research CryptoFirewall security core with Intertrust’s ExpressPlay cloud service for DRM.
News categories: MStar Semi, Rambus, Intertrust, Wayne Tsai, Paul Kocher, David Maher, Content Protection, IBC2020, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
MStar 4K Ultra HD platform integrates INSIDE Secure security IP
Sep 10, 2015 – INSIDE Secure (Paris:INSD) has announced that it is providing a cryptography engine to allow MStar Semiconductor to comply with the most stringent requirements for content protection on its new 4K Ultra HD platform.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, MStar Semi, Martin Bergenwall, Wayne Tsai, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
MStar integrates NAGRA security for 4K UHD connected TVs
Sep 2, 2015 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and MStar Semiconductor have announced the integration of NAGRA’s NOCS for TV security and anyCAST CONNECT client, alongside the MStar Trusted Execution Environments (TEE), into MStar’s SoCs for 4K UHD Connected TVs.
News categories: NAGRA, MStar Semi, Maurice van Riek, Wayne Tsai, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2020, Media Player, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
MStar integrates Verimatrix VideoMark forensic watermarking for UHD
Sep 1, 2015 – MStar Semiconductor has announced that it has integrated Verimatrix VideoMark forensic watermarking into its UHD set-top box SoCs. MStar’s STB SoCs are now compliant with the MovieLabs Specification for Enhanced Content Protection.
News categories: MStar Semi, Wayne Tsai, Petr Peterka, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2020, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Watermarking, Worldwide
MStar integrates Intertrust UHD security for TVs and STBs
Jul 15, 2015 – Intertrust has announced that MStar Semiconductor has integrated Intertrust's ExpressPlay UHD in MStar’s SoCs for 4K TVs, set-top boxes and OTT/IP boxes. ExpressPlay UHD is the most widely deployed DRM in China and the choice of initiatives in Japan and Europe.
News categories: Intertrust, MStar Semi, Kenny Huang, Wayne Tsai, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Europe, Japan, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
MStar Semi to integrate Cryptography Research CryptoFirewall Security Core
Aug 28, 2014 – Cryptography Research (NASDAQ:RMBS) has announced that MStar Semiconductor has licensed the Cryptography Research CryptoFirewall security core for integration into its connected TV solution chips.
News categories: Cryptography Research, MStar Semi, Wayne Tsai, Paul Kocher, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months