Digital TV News: WeTek
WeTek integrates XroadMedia discovery and recommendations
Sep 4, 2019 – WeTek and XroadMedia have announced that Ncanto, XroadMedia’s content discovery and recommendations solution, is being integrated into all WeTek solutions, namely WeCast and all of the company's Android TV Operator Tier developments.
News categories: WeTek, XroadMedia, Hugo Condesa, Adolf Proidl, Android TV, Big Data, Digital TV, IBC2019, UX, Worldwide
WeTek helps Intek and Transvision to deploy Android TV in Indonesia
Sep 2, 2019 – WeTek has announced a successful partnership with Intek and Transvision, helping both companies deliver an Android TV solution in Indonesia. The project included the design of the company’s newest set-top box line.
News categories: WeTek, Intek, Transvision, Hugo Condesa, Shine Kim, Android TV, Cable TV, Digital TV, Indonesia, Satellite, Set Top Box
NexPlayer and WeTek develop E2E OTT solution supporting Widevine DRM
Mar 15, 2019 – WeTek and NexPlayer have partnered to create an end-to-end OTT platform supporting Widevine DRM with both HLS and DASH. The solution can be deployed on Android, iOS, Android TVs, Android STBs, Samsung Tizen, LG webOS, and HTML5.
News categories: WeTek, NexPlayer, Hugo Condesa, Carlos Lucas, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Worldwide
WeTek develops streaming service for children with TV4You
Nov 3, 2017 – At the next Web Summit in Lisbon, WeTek will unveil PlayTimeTV, a streaming service for children developed in partnership with the Portuguese content provider TV4You. The service is based on WeTek’s OVP platform - WeCast.
News categories: WeTek, TV4You, Hugo Condesa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Portugal, Set Top Box
WeCast shows Android TV STB boasting 4G and IoT features at IBC 2017
Sep 6, 2017 – WeCast will be demonstrating its IPTV/OTT end-to-end solution at IBC alongside set-top boxes powered by Android TV boasting 4G and IoT capabilities. The new devices developed by its parent company - WeTek - will be available as OEM complements for WeCast’s solution as well as to the general public.
News categories: WeCast, Zlatan Brdaric, Android TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
WeTek provides STBs for Triple-C IPTV in partnership with Vonetize
Apr 28, 2017 – Triple-C is launching SMART, an IPTV service for the Israeli market, with WeTek providing customized set-top boxes fully adapted to both Triple C’s network and Vonetize’s content distribution service.
News categories: WeTek, Vonetize, Triple-C, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Israel, Set Top Box
- Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
- Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
- Irdeto, Amlogic and Skyworth launch Android TV hybrid STB reference design
- NAGRA and KAON introduce Android TV streaming solution for pay-TV operators
- NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
- TRAI issues consultation paper on STB interoperability implementation
- Beenius signs reseller agreement for Caribbean and LatAm markets
- BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers
- Looper Insights adds set-top box VOD store content visibility
- MediaTek 8K DTV SoC begins volume production at TSMC
- BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 148,000 in 3Q 2019
- Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
- Maxis launches PAYG passes for VOD streaming
- Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
- U.S. pay TV household penetration down to 75%
- Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
- NBA TV becomes 1st league network to launch SVOD service
- Openview renews satellite TV content protection with NAGRA