Digital TV News: Wi-Fi Alliance
New security layer for MoCA home networking
Apr 30, 2019 – Addressing the requests for stronger secured links between networked devices, MoCA has developed MoCASec, a security layer for MoCA links, available for its entire portfolio of specifications. MoCASec enhances network configurations where peer to peer privacy is required.
News categories: MoCA, Wi-Fi Alliance, Charles Cerino, Kevin Robinson, Content Protection, Smart Home, Worldwide
Plume and Samsung launch OpenSync open source initiative
Oct 23, 2018 – Plume and Samsung have announced the formation of an open source software initiative called OpenSync. The initiative creates a silicon, CPE, and cloud-agnostic approach for the curation, delivery and management of emerging residential services leveraging managed Wi-Fi.
News categories: Plume, Samsung, Liberty Global, Fahri Diner, Chanwoo Park, Dan Hennessy, Shawn Omstead, Fraser Stirling, Greg Fischer, BBWF, Middleware, Smart Home, Worldwide
Miracast adds support for HD and 4K Ultra HD content streaming
Jul 26, 2017 – The Wi-Fi Alliance has announced that Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Miracast has added new capabilities to better support high-definition (HD) and 4K Ultra HD content streaming for a more immersive wireless viewing experience.
News categories: Wi-Fi Alliance, Edgar Figueroa, Mobile, Smart Home, Worldwide
IoT to Account for 28% of Wireless Connectivity IC Market by 2021
Apr 27, 2016 – ABI Research has found that smart home, beacon, wearable, and other nascent IoT applications including energy management and smart cities are to propel the wireless IoT connectivity market forward.
News categories: ABI Research, Andrew Zignani, Market Research, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
ALi Launches HD network media player with smartphone/tablet display mirroring
Mar 14, 2013 – ALi Corporation has announced the launch of a high definition network media player, M3912, featuring multiscreen video sharing technology. Applications of ALi's M3912 include multiscreen bridges, DVB to IP thick clients and network multimedia players.
News categories: ALi Corp, Digital TV, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smartphone, Tablet
Sigma Designs Launches New EasyTV™ Dongle With Wireless Display at CES
Jan 7, 2013 – Sigma Designs® (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that they will be launching its EasyTV Dongle reference design at CES. EasyTV enables users to access multimedia on their cellphone, tablet or laptop and share it on a large screen or projector.
News categories: Sigma Designs, CES, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Cavium PureVu® Powers NETGEAR Push2TV® Miracast Compatible Wireless Display Adapter
Sep 24, 2012 – Cavium (NASDAQ: CAVM) has announced that NETGEAR's Push2TV wireless display adapter is based on Cavium's CNW6611L media SoC. The Push2TV is one of the first adapters that is pre-standard compliant with the Wi-Fi Alliance's Miracast™ specification.
News categories: Cavium, NETGEAR, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
Wi-Fi Alliance® launches Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Miracast™
Sep 19, 2012 – The Wi-Fi Alliance has announced the launch of the Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Miracast™ certification program. Miracast devices provide simplified discovery and setup, so users can quickly transmit video content from one device to another.
News categories: Wi-Fi Alliance, Smart Home
Sigma Designs and Qualcomm Atheros to Demonstrate Development Platform for Wi-Fi Display at CES 2012
Jan 12, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced a joint Wi-Fi Display/DLNA IPTV reference design with Qualcomm Atheros (NASDAQ: QCOM). The design enables connected media players to receive video wirelessly using the Wi-Fi Display™ standard.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Atheros, CES, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
- TVSquared partners with Extreme Reach for attribution across all digital video platforms
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Limited reach of Apple TV+ and Disney+ hinders services’ adoption
- Advanced TV solutions are changing local market advertising
- Tru Optik to launch free tool to support TV privacy
- Australia's Network 10 and You.i announce app partnership