Digital TV News: Wi-Fi Alliance
Sigma Designs Extends Intel WiDi Technology for Peer-to-Peer Streaming Over Wi-Fi to Multi-Function Media Players
Jan 12, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has added Intel's (NASDAQ: INTC) WiDi technology to its STB reference designs, enabling CE partners to deliver a wider range of viewable content, by streaming content from notebooks wirelessly to an HDTV via a STB.
News categories: Sigma Designs, CES2020, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Broadcom Enables Mobile Device Content to Escape the Tiny Screen with Wi-Fi Display
Jan 10, 2012 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the world's most complete and robust Wi-Fi Display software stack that allows users of smartphones, tablets and laptop computers to play games, video and thousands of apps on a larger HDTV screen.
News categories: Broadcom, CES2020, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
MediaTek Releases World's First 120Hz SoC for High-end Smart TV
Jan 5, 2012 – MediaTek (Taipei: 2454) has announced the release of the world's first 120Hz Smart TV single chip. In addition to providing an unparalleled 3D viewing experience, the chip is also an industry leader in support for Wi-Fi display technology.
News categories: MediaTek, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
HomePlug Node Shipments to Surpass 30 Million by 2014
Jun 29, 2011 – Acording to In-Stat, set-top box home networking will be dominated by MoCA over the next five years. However, G.hn will make impressive gains becoming the second most popular standard by 2013 and challenging MoCA by 2015.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, DVR, Gateway, Market Research, Router, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Wi-Fi Direct-Enabled Digital Televisions Will Approach 80 Million by 2015
Jun 2, 2011 – The first applications to adopt Wi-Fi Direct include mobile PCs, mobile phones, and digital televisions (DTVs). The main display in most homes will be a key target and In-Stat forecasts that by 2015 nearly 80 million DTVs will be Wi-Fi Direct-enabled.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Camcorder, Digital TV, DVD, Games Console, Market Research, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
173 Million Wi-Fi Direct-Enabled Devices to Ship in 2011
Apr 20, 2011 – Wi-Fi Direct is expected to have a break out year in 2011. The number of Wi-Fi Direct-enabled devices shipped will reach 173 million, led by desktop PCs, digital TVs, mobile phones, and notebook PCs, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Market Research, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
Broadcom's Connected Digital TV and Blu-ray Disc® Platforms Power a Wide Range of LG Devices
Jan 5, 2011 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that LG Electronics (KSE: 066570) has selected Broadcom chipsets for use in its wireless connected digital TVs and Blu-ray Disc® players.
News categories: Broadcom, LG Electronics, Blu-ray, CES2020, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
Pace to incorporate Wi-Fi technology into set-top box range
Jun 8, 2010 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced its membership of the Wi-Fi Alliance and the incorporation of Wi-Fi technology into selected upcoming set-top boxes.
News categories: Wi-Fi Alliance, Pace plc, Set Top Box, Smart Home
DLNA Enhances Home Network Experience with New Ways To Find, Share and Enjoy Content
Dec 16, 2008 – Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) has introduced additional connectivity options, protected setup support, content synchronization and menu sharing that enhance the entertainment possibilities for home network users.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, Middleware, Smart Home
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature
- AfricaXP adds DTH capacity from Eutelsat for Sub-Saharan Africa
- Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
- 'Tapering subscriber acquisitions' for Dish TV India in 4Q 2019
- Movistar Spain launches new voice remote control
- Irdeto confirmed as security partner for Mitele Plus
- Swedish streaming market saturating
- Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
- beIN SPORTS strikes partnership with XUMO TV
- Cinedigm’s Viewster app available on Foxxum-supporting devices
- Liberty extends Netflix partnership in Europe
- beIN SPORTS XTRA added to Samsung TV Plus
- Sinclair Broadcast joins Pearl TV broadcast business organization
- WISI ABR transcoding approved for Minerva YourTV Now cloud video
- Radix to launch Android TV device management at MWC
- Canada's Media Technology Monitor reports on SVOD, podcasting, co-viewing and more