Digital TV News: Widevine
All Media Baltics chooses Atende Software OTT platform
Jul 22, 2019 – All Media Baltics and Atende Software have partnered to launch OTT services in Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia. Atende Software will implement its redGalaxy OTT platforms delivering an OTT backend along with branded end-user applications.
News categories: Atende Software, All Media Baltics, Przemysław Frasunek, Jan Wykrytowicz, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, OTT
Intertrust and Vewd introduce content protection for HbbTV
Jun 6, 2019 – Intertrust and Vewd have announced pre-integration of Intertrust's ExpressPlay XCA with Vewd Core, for operator HbbTV deployments. Using the solution, device manufacturers are able to offer a more complete software stack of content protection and HbbTV support.
News categories: Vewd, Intertrust, Frode Hernes, Guido Cugi, Content Protection, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Tata Elxsi selected as System Integrator for Google Widevine CAS
Jun 4, 2019 – Tata Elxsi, a Certified Widevine Implementation Partner (CWIP), has announced that its product offering now includes Google Widevine CAS in the cloud and on premises. Services also include Widevine CAS integration and validation for Android TV.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Widevine, Brian Baker, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
INKA Entworks announces SPEKE API integration with AWS Elemental
Apr 24, 2019 – INKA ENTWORKS has announced integration between its PallyCon multi-DRM service and the SPEKE API developed by AWS. The integration enables media customers to encrypt content using PallyCon with encoders, transcoders and packagers that also support SPEKE.
News categories: INKA Entworks, AWS Elemental, PallyCon, Content Distribution, DRM, OTT, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
VUALTO integrates DRM with AWS for live and on-demand video
Apr 4, 2019 – VUALTO has announced API integration between VUALTO’s VUDRM digital rights management service and Amazon Web Services (AWS) Media Services, including AWS Elemental MediaConvert, AWS Elemental MediaPackage, AWS Elemental Live, and AWS Elemental Delta.
News categories: VUALTO, AWS Elemental, Robert Mitchell, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Worldwide
Intertrust integrates ExpressPlay uDRM with the AWS SPEKE API
Apr 3, 2019 – Intertrust has announced that its ExpressPlay uDRM service now includes API integration with AWS Elemental services via the SPEKE API. SPEKE defines the standard for authentication and communication between encryptors and DRM key servers.
News categories: Intertrust, AWS Elemental, Nabil Kanaan, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Worldwide
NexPlayer and Videon workflow supports low latency and synchronized video arrival time
Apr 3, 2019 – NexPlayer and Videon have announced support for the synchronization of OTT video arrival times for all end users, featuring interoperability between NexPlayer's Android and iOS player SDKs, AWS Elemental MediaStore and Amazon CloudFront, and Videon's edge compute encoders.
News categories: Videon, NexPlayer, Todd Erdley, Carlos Lucas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Worldwide
AWS releases key exchange API to streamline DRM integration
Mar 27, 2019 – AWS has announced its Secure Packager and Encoder Key Exchange (SPEKE), an open, extensible API specification developed to streamline integration of Digital Rights Management (DRM) with encoders, transcoders, and origin servers.
News categories: AWS Elemental, Michael Callahan, Will Law, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
NexPlayer and WeTek develop E2E OTT solution supporting Widevine DRM
Mar 15, 2019 – WeTek and NexPlayer have partnered to create an end-to-end OTT platform supporting Widevine DRM with both HLS and DASH. The solution can be deployed on Android, iOS, Android TVs, Android STBs, Samsung Tizen, LG webOS, and HTML5.
News categories: WeTek, NexPlayer, Hugo Condesa, Carlos Lucas, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Worldwide
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018