Digital TV News: Widevine
Intertrust and Vewd introduce content protection for HbbTV
Jun 6, 2019 – Intertrust and Vewd have announced pre-integration of Intertrust's ExpressPlay XCA with Vewd Core, for operator HbbTV deployments. Using the solution, device manufacturers are able to offer a more complete software stack of content protection and HbbTV support.
News categories: Vewd, Intertrust, Frode Hernes, Guido Cugi, Content Protection, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Worldwide
Tata Elxsi selected as System Integrator for Google Widevine CAS
Jun 4, 2019 – Tata Elxsi, a Certified Widevine Implementation Partner (CWIP), has announced that its product offering now includes Google Widevine CAS in the cloud and on premises. Services also include Widevine CAS integration and validation for Android TV.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Widevine, Brian Baker, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
INKA Entworks announces SPEKE API integration with AWS Elemental
Apr 24, 2019 – INKA ENTWORKS has announced integration between its PallyCon multi-DRM service and the SPEKE API developed by AWS. The integration enables media customers to encrypt content using PallyCon with encoders, transcoders and packagers that also support SPEKE.
News categories: INKA Entworks, AWS Elemental, PallyCon, Content Distribution, DRM, OTT, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
VUALTO integrates DRM with AWS for live and on-demand video
Apr 4, 2019 – VUALTO has announced API integration between VUALTO’s VUDRM digital rights management service and Amazon Web Services (AWS) Media Services, including AWS Elemental MediaConvert, AWS Elemental MediaPackage, AWS Elemental Live, and AWS Elemental Delta.
News categories: VUALTO, AWS Elemental, Robert Mitchell, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Worldwide
Intertrust integrates ExpressPlay uDRM with the AWS SPEKE API
Apr 3, 2019 – Intertrust has announced that its ExpressPlay uDRM service now includes API integration with AWS Elemental services via the SPEKE API. SPEKE defines the standard for authentication and communication between encryptors and DRM key servers.
News categories: Intertrust, AWS Elemental, Nabil Kanaan, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Worldwide
NexPlayer and Videon workflow supports low latency and synchronized video arrival time
Apr 3, 2019 – NexPlayer and Videon have announced support for the synchronization of OTT video arrival times for all end users, featuring interoperability between NexPlayer's Android and iOS player SDKs, AWS Elemental MediaStore and Amazon CloudFront, and Videon's edge compute encoders.
News categories: Videon, NexPlayer, Todd Erdley, Carlos Lucas, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, NABShow, Worldwide
AWS releases key exchange API to streamline DRM integration
Mar 27, 2019 – AWS has announced its Secure Packager and Encoder Key Exchange (SPEKE), an open, extensible API specification developed to streamline integration of Digital Rights Management (DRM) with encoders, transcoders, and origin servers.
News categories: AWS Elemental, Michael Callahan, Will Law, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
NexPlayer and WeTek develop E2E OTT solution supporting Widevine DRM
Mar 15, 2019 – WeTek and NexPlayer have partnered to create an end-to-end OTT platform supporting Widevine DRM with both HLS and DASH. The solution can be deployed on Android, iOS, Android TVs, Android STBs, Samsung Tizen, LG webOS, and HTML5.
News categories: WeTek, NexPlayer, Hugo Condesa, Carlos Lucas, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Worldwide
Blonder Tongue distributing Kaon Android TV STBs optimized for MOBITV
Feb 25, 2019 – Blonder Tongue (NYSE: BDR) has announced the availability of the Kaon line of Android TV Set-Top Box products specifically designed and optimized for MOBITV platform deployments across North America. The first set-top model available is Kaon's KSTB2020.
News categories: Blonder Tongue, Kaon, MOBITV, Ted Grauch, Android TV, Canada, Digital TV, IPTV, North America, Set Top Box
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019