Digital TV News: Wilfried Urner
DVB to demonstrate hybrid media delivery at IBC2018
Sep 5, 2018 – DVB has announced that it will showcase hybrid media delivery at IBC2018. By specifying systems for seamless media delivery across all platforms and formats, including linear and on-demand, broadcast and OTT, mobile, HD and UHD, DVB ensures that the industry can deliver high-quality content to every screen.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter MacAvock, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Media Player, OTT, Satellite, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Number of HD+ subscribers in Germany passes two million mark
Feb 13, 2017 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that HD+ exceeded the two million subscriber mark in 2016. As of 31 December 2016, the satellite TV offer counted some 2,111,862 subscribers, 15 percent more than in 2015.
News categories: HD PLUS, SES S.A, Wilfried Urner, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Subscribers
SES and K-NET partner to provide DTH and DTT to West Africa
May 24, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that it has created a joint venture with K-NET of Ghana. The partnership aims to strengthen the DTH platform and also provide DTT services via SES’s orbital position at 28.2°E.
News categories: SES S.A, K-NET, Wilfried Urner, Richard Hlomador, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ghana, Satellite, Terrestrial
HD+ subscribers up 11.3% in 2015
Jan 29, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that its German HD platform HD+ recorded an 11.3 percent increase in subscribers in 2015. HD+ had 1.84 million subscribers at year-end 2015, compared to 1.65 million at year-end 2014.
News categories: SES S.A, SES S.A, Wilfried Urner, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
SES to show video-on-demand via satellite at IBC
Sep 9, 2015 – SES Platform Services (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that it will presenting a live showcase of LIQUID VOD, a solution for video-on-demand services (VoD) via satellite, at IBC 2015. The showcase demonstrates how satellite distribution can provide a video experience on demand.
News categories: SES S.A, Wilfried Urner, Content Distribution, IBC2019, Satellite, Worldwide
StarTimes to distribute DTH across Sub-Saharan Africa with SES
Jul 31, 2015 – SES Platform Services (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that StarTimes will distribute TV channels for their direct-to-home (DTH) subscribers across Sub-Saharan Africa via SES Platform Services’ broadcast facility in Germany.
News categories: SES S.A, StarTimes, Wilfried Urner, Pang Xinxing, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
Panasonic presents the world’s first TV set with integrated SAT>IP client
Apr 3, 2014 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) and Panasonic have presented the world’s first TV set with integrated SAT>IP technology. The Panasonic VIERA TV re-distributes the satellite TV signal via the IP-based home network.
News categories: SES S.A., Panasonic, Armando Romagnolo, Wilfried Urner, Digital TV, Gateway, Satellite, Smart Home, Smart TV, Worldwide
HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
May 13, 2013 – SES (Paris;LuxX: SESG) has announced that its HDTV platform, HD+, recorded 1,103,701 paying households on March 31, 2013. HD+ added 158,768 new customers in the first quarter of 2013, corresponding to an increase of its customer base of almost 17 percent.
News categories: HD PLUS, Germany, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
SES: HD+ Passes One Million Paying Households
Feb 5, 2013 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has announced that its German HD platform HD+ now exceeds one million paying households. For the full year of 2012, HD+ more than doubled the number of paying customers, from 404,123 to 944,993.
News categories: SES S.A, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Subscribers
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'