Digital TV News: Wind River
IoT M2M Council unveils program to verify platforms against its benchmarks
Aug 2, 2017 – The IoT M2M Council has announced a program to verify that IoT software platforms comply with open-source benchmarks that it has established. The benchmarks come in the form of a template RFP that is now available online.
News categories: IoT M2M Council, Joel Young, QoE, Smart Home, Worldwide
Wind River Delivers Software Foundation for Next Generation In-Vehicle Infotainment Devices
Aug 2, 2011 – Wind River has introduced the latest version of Wind River Platform for Infotainment, a software platform on which automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and Tier 1 suppliers can develop sophisticated in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) devices.
News categories: Wind River, GENIVI, In-Car, Middleware
Intel Innovating to Deliver Seamless Experiences Across Smart, Connected Devices
Sep 13, 2010 – At the Intel Developer Forum, Intel's (NASDAQ:INTC) CEO showed two 'smart' TV-enabling products powered by the Intel® Atom™ processor CE4100 and Google TV that will come out this Fall.
News categories: Intel Corp, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
NEC Electronics Introduces EMMA Mobile™ EV SoCs for Full HD Portable Audio-Visual Devices
Feb 10, 2010 – NEC Electronics (TSE:6723) has announced the availability of new systems-on-chip (SoCs) in the EMMA Mobile™ series. The EMMA Mobile/EV SoCs are optimized for the portable device market including portable multimedia players and mobile tablets.
News categories: NEC Electronics, Digital TV, ICs, Mobile, MWC20, Portable, Semiconductor, Tablet
Industry Leaders Announce Open Platform for Mobile Devices
Nov 5, 2007 – A broad alliance of leading technology and wireless companies today joined forces to announce the development of Android, the first truly open and comprehensive platform for mobile devices.
News categories: Open Handset Alliance, Android Video Demo, Middleware, Mobile, Software
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019
- ACCESS adds NetRange App Store to its in-vehicle infotainment offer
- iSpot provides attribution and OTT measurement for OpenAP ads
- Humax announces Android TV STB supporting AV1 and HDR10
- Kaltura to power CETIN's wholesale Cloud TV service for the CEE region