Digital TV News: Windstream
Windstream launches app-based Kinetic TV in Nebraska
Apr 4, 2019 – Windstream has announced the introduction of its own app-based television product, Kinetic TV, its answer to Lincoln consumers’ demand for network entertainment and local channels, and the freedom and flexibility to watch TV when and where they wish.
News categories: Windstream, MOBITV, Brad Hedrick, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Windstream files for Chapter 11
Feb 25, 2019 – Windstream (NASDAQ: WIN) has announced that the Company and all of its subsidiaries have filed voluntary petitions for reorganization under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
News categories: Windstream, Tony Thomas, Digital TV, Finance, IPTV, USA
Windstream and MOBITV partner to launch app-based Kinetic TV
Feb 6, 2019 – Windstream (NASDAQ: WIN) and MOBITV have announced plans the launch of an app-based television service, Kinetic TV, which will enable Windstream’s residential customers to access content when and where they want it.
News categories: Windstream, MOBITV, Jeff Small, Charlie Nooney, Apps, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
U.S. subscriber declines spreading from voice to TV, broadband
Dec 6, 2016 – Ovum has released 3Q16 subscriber growth figures for fixed voice, fixed broadband, and pay TV for the US. Ovum notes that a triple cord-cutting threat – the loss of subscribers in all three core fixed services – continues to loom.
News categories: Ovum, Kristin Paulin, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers, USA
Windstream launches Kinetic TV service in North Carolina
Nov 10, 2016 – Windstream (NASDAQ:WIN) has announced that Kinetic, Windstream’s next-generation television service, is available in 13 North Carolina communities. More than 50,000 residents can now sign up for the television service.
News categories: Windstream, Sarah Day, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Windstream applies to bring its Kinetic TV service to North Carolina
Aug 25, 2016 – Windstream (NASDAQ:WIN) has submitted a formal bid on a cable TV franchise agreement with the North Carolina Department of the Secretary of State to bring its Kinetic television service to more than 50,000 homes, primarily across 13 North Carolina communities.
News categories: Windstream, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Middleware, USA
Windstream expands Kinetic TV into Texas
Feb 4, 2016 – Windstream (NASDAQ: WIN) has announced that Kinetic, Windstream’s television service, will launch in Sugar Land, Texas in the second quarter of 2016. The service will be available to more than 30,000 homes in the area.
News categories: Windstream, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Windstream to offer Kinetic TV in a second U.S. market
Oct 9, 2015 – Windstream (NASDAQ:WIN) has received approval from the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government for a cable TV franchise agreement that will bring its Kinetic television service to the homes of more than 50,000 Lexington, Kentucky residents.
News categories: Windstream, Sarah Day, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Windstream selects ARRIS Wireless Video Gateways and Set-Tops
Aug 4, 2015 – Windstream (NASDAQ:WIN) is deploying NVG343 residential gateways and VIP Series IP set-tops from ARRIS Group (NASDAQ: ARRS) to power its Kinetic television service. Kinetic is available to more than 50,000 homes in Lincoln, Nebraska.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Windstream, Keith Kelley, Bryan Brooks, Digital TV, Fibre, Gateway, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
- UK leads Europe's TV market into cord-cutting era
- Tremor Video DSP introduces Private Marketplace Packages
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 121,000 in 1Q 2019
- Tata Sky adds recommendations to mobile and desktop apps with ThinkAnalytics
- One-third of U.S. TV content viewers report owning an antenna
- Anevia selected by INEA for multi-screen TV on ADB's platform
- Videa to use Red Bee Media metadata in automated TV ad offering
- RCN chooses TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform
- U.S. installed base of AR head-mounted devices to reach 6.5m units by 2025
- AT&T US down 627k; Vrio down 32k video subs in 1Q 2019
- TalkTalk TV STBs gain access to Amazon Prime
- M7 app integrated with Vestel-produced smart TVs
- INKA Entworks announces SPEKE API integration with AWS Elemental
- Digital conversion boosts Eastern European pay TV
- Airtel renews long-term partnership with Synamedia
- Astro partners with Synamedia for new video services
- Eros Now strikes distribution deal with TCL in India
- NAGRA and PT LinkNet extend content protection to hybrid Android TV service
- Majority of US homes to have a Smart Speaker next year
- IAB releases for comment specification to improve video advertising