Digital TV News: Windstream
MOBITV adds $50m in funding
Jul 1, 2019 – MOBITV has closed over $50M in funding from Oak Investment Partners, Ally Financial, and Cedar Grove Partners. The funding will be used to accelerate the growth of the company’s international footprint, while it continues to strengthen the MOBITV CONNECT platform for Pay TV operators.
News categories: MOBITV, Oak Investment Partners, Charlie Nooney, Bandel Carano, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, USA, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Windstream launches app-based Kinetic TV in Nebraska
Apr 4, 2019 – Windstream has announced the introduction of its own app-based television product, Kinetic TV, its answer to Lincoln consumers’ demand for network entertainment and local channels, and the freedom and flexibility to watch TV when and where they wish.
News categories: Windstream, MOBITV, Brad Hedrick, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Windstream files for Chapter 11
Feb 25, 2019 – Windstream (NASDAQ: WIN) has announced that the Company and all of its subsidiaries have filed voluntary petitions for reorganization under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
News categories: Windstream, Tony Thomas, Digital TV, Finance, IPTV, USA
Windstream and MOBITV partner to launch app-based Kinetic TV
Feb 6, 2019 – Windstream (NASDAQ: WIN) and MOBITV have announced plans the launch of an app-based television service, Kinetic TV, which will enable Windstream’s residential customers to access content when and where they want it.
News categories: Windstream, MOBITV, Jeff Small, Charlie Nooney, Apps, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
U.S. subscriber declines spreading from voice to TV, broadband
Dec 6, 2016 – Ovum has released 3Q16 subscriber growth figures for fixed voice, fixed broadband, and pay TV for the US. Ovum notes that a triple cord-cutting threat – the loss of subscribers in all three core fixed services – continues to loom.
News categories: Ovum, Kristin Paulin, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers, USA
Windstream launches Kinetic TV service in North Carolina
Nov 10, 2016 – Windstream (NASDAQ:WIN) has announced that Kinetic, Windstream’s next-generation television service, is available in 13 North Carolina communities. More than 50,000 residents can now sign up for the television service.
News categories: Windstream, Sarah Day, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Windstream applies to bring its Kinetic TV service to North Carolina
Aug 25, 2016 – Windstream (NASDAQ:WIN) has submitted a formal bid on a cable TV franchise agreement with the North Carolina Department of the Secretary of State to bring its Kinetic television service to more than 50,000 homes, primarily across 13 North Carolina communities.
News categories: Windstream, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Middleware, USA
Windstream expands Kinetic TV into Texas
Feb 4, 2016 – Windstream (NASDAQ: WIN) has announced that Kinetic, Windstream’s television service, will launch in Sugar Land, Texas in the second quarter of 2016. The service will be available to more than 30,000 homes in the area.
News categories: Windstream, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Windstream to offer Kinetic TV in a second U.S. market
Oct 9, 2015 – Windstream (NASDAQ:WIN) has received approval from the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government for a cable TV franchise agreement that will bring its Kinetic television service to the homes of more than 50,000 Lexington, Kentucky residents.
News categories: Windstream, Sarah Day, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA