Digital TV News: Windstream
Windstream and MOBITV partner to launch app-based Kinetic TV
Feb 6, 2019 – Windstream (NASDAQ: WIN) and MOBITV have announced plans the launch of an app-based television service, Kinetic TV, which will enable Windstream’s residential customers to access content when and where they want it.
News categories: Windstream, MOBITV, Jeff Small, Charlie Nooney, Apps, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
U.S. subscriber declines spreading from voice to TV, broadband
Dec 6, 2016 – Ovum has released 3Q16 subscriber growth figures for fixed voice, fixed broadband, and pay TV for the US. Ovum notes that a triple cord-cutting threat – the loss of subscribers in all three core fixed services – continues to loom.
News categories: Ovum, Kristin Paulin, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers, USA
Windstream launches Kinetic TV service in North Carolina
Nov 10, 2016 – Windstream (NASDAQ:WIN) has announced that Kinetic, Windstream’s next-generation television service, is available in 13 North Carolina communities. More than 50,000 residents can now sign up for the television service.
News categories: Windstream, Sarah Day, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Windstream applies to bring its Kinetic TV service to North Carolina
Aug 25, 2016 – Windstream (NASDAQ:WIN) has submitted a formal bid on a cable TV franchise agreement with the North Carolina Department of the Secretary of State to bring its Kinetic television service to more than 50,000 homes, primarily across 13 North Carolina communities.
News categories: Windstream, Cable TV, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Middleware, USA
Windstream expands Kinetic TV into Texas
Feb 4, 2016 – Windstream (NASDAQ: WIN) has announced that Kinetic, Windstream’s television service, will launch in Sugar Land, Texas in the second quarter of 2016. The service will be available to more than 30,000 homes in the area.
News categories: Windstream, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Windstream to offer Kinetic TV in a second U.S. market
Oct 9, 2015 – Windstream (NASDAQ:WIN) has received approval from the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government for a cable TV franchise agreement that will bring its Kinetic television service to the homes of more than 50,000 Lexington, Kentucky residents.
News categories: Windstream, Sarah Day, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Windstream selects ARRIS Wireless Video Gateways and Set-Tops
Aug 4, 2015 – Windstream (NASDAQ:WIN) is deploying NVG343 residential gateways and VIP Series IP set-tops from ARRIS Group (NASDAQ: ARRS) to power its Kinetic television service. Kinetic is available to more than 50,000 homes in Lincoln, Nebraska.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Windstream, Keith Kelley, Bryan Brooks, Digital TV, Fibre, Gateway, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
Windstream launches Kinetic TV in Lincoln, Nebraska
Apr 15, 2015 – Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN) has announced that Kinetic, Windstream’s next-generation television service, is now available in Lincoln, Nebraska. Powered by the Ericsson Mediaroom platform, Kinetic is an IPTV alternative to satellite and cable.
News categories: Windstream, Ericsson, David Redmond, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
U.S. adds 700,000 broadband subscribers in 3Q 2014
Nov 18, 2014 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the seventeen largest cable and telephone providers in the US -- representing about 94% of the market -- acquired over 700,000 net additional high-speed Internet subscribers in the third quarter of 2014.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Broadband, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Subscribers, USA
- LMT picks Harmonic to optimise 4G bandwidth use on its live OTT service
- Minerva YourTV Now cloud integrated with Verimatrix Viewthority
- Kaltura releases updated Cloud TV Platform SDK
- Nielsen rolls Sorenson Media acquisition into new addressable advertising initiative
- Extreme Reach releases 2018 Q4 Video Advertising Benchmarks report
- New services to add $3.6bn to the US D2C video market by 2023
- KCTV selects Alticast to upgrade TV on Korea's JeJu Island
- Samsung rolls out Galaxy S10 5G smartphone across Europe
- Millicom acquires Telefónica’s operations in Panama, Costa Rica and Nicaragua
- Spectrum to offer 'Essentials' OTT TV service to its internet customers
- Atlantic Broadband acquires cable system in Springfield, WV from Comcast
- Vodafone first to connect 5G smartphones to its network
- Amobee integrates Nielsen’s Enterprise Audience API
- TiVo announces metadata deal with Sky Mexico
- Brazil home video market on path to recovery
- Smart speaker household access grows to 13% of internet users
- DoubleVerify acquires digital video technology company, Zentrick
- GDPR device conformance testing service launched by Eurofins
- LG renews license to use Hillcrest motion technology in its remotes
- Minerva unveils advanced pay TV service management tools