Digital TV News: Wurl
Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
Nov 14, 2019 – Wurl has announced that Hollywire is tapping Wurl's video distribution expertise to power the delivery of its linear 24-7 celebrity news channel across streaming platforms, including Samsung TV Plus.
News categories: Wurl, Hollywire, Sean Doherty, Tony Moras, Content Distribution, Europe, North America, OTT, Smart TV
Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
Nov 6, 2019 – Wurl has made an agreement to deliver programming and advertising to Samsung's TV Plus streaming service in Europe. The Wurl Network currently delivers 125 live, linear and VOD channels to more than 50 million viewers in the U.S.
News categories: Wurl, Samsung, Sean Doherty, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Smart TV
Wurl launches cross-platform advertising service for Connected TV
Oct 2, 2019 – Wurl has announced the general availability of AdPool, an advertising marketplace enabling video producers to sell their CTV ad inventory to thousands of advertisers. The offering is free to video publishers and CTV platforms that are part of the Wurl Network.
News categories: Wurl, Javier Saralegui, Sean Doherty, Andrew Eisbrouch, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Wurl launches server-side ad insertion for Connected TVs
Jan 16, 2019 – Wurl has launched AdSpring for Connected TVs. The cloud-based, turnkey server-side ad insertion (SSAI) solution allows video producers to insert mid-roll ads into linear and VOD programming for distribution to any video service or device.
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty, Michael Goodman, Advertising, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Wurl powers video programming on Samsung's TV Plus
Nov 5, 2018 – Wurl has announced that it has entered into an agreement with Samsung to power select programming on Samsung’s new TV Plus service. TV Plus is an Internet-based TV service delivering a bundle of live channels and on-demand content from multiple media brands.
News categories: Wurl, Samsung, Sean Doherty, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Wurl partners with Zixi to move cable TV channels to the internet
Apr 23, 2017 – The Wurl TV Network and Zixi have announced a partnership to use Zixi’s streaming platform to distribute Wurl’s TV programming to cable and OTT video services.
News categories: Wurl TV, Zixi, Sean Doherty, Chris Noe, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Wurl TV added to Espial video platform
Apr 6, 2017 – Wurl TV is now available to video service providers who use Espial's Elevate platform. Their subscribers can now access Wurl's internet-delivered TV channels on Espial-powered set-tops, smartphones and tablets.
News categories: Espial, Wurl TV, Jaison Dolvane, Sean Doherty, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Wurl TV launches on TiVo
Mar 14, 2017 – Wurl TV has announced that Wurl’s Internet-delivered programming is now available on TiVo’s cable TV and retail set-top boxes. For cable operators, Wurl provides a programming alternative to traditional cable networks.
News categories: Wurl TV, TiVo, Sean Doherty, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Wurl announces cable STB software partnerships
Sep 8, 2016 – Wurl has announced a series of partnerships with key providers of cable set-top software that will showcase Wurl TV Network broadband channels at this week's International Broadcasting Convention (IBC).
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019