Digital TV News: Wurl
Wurl TV added to Espial video platform
Apr 6, 2017 – Wurl TV is now available to video service providers who use Espial's Elevate platform. Their subscribers can now access Wurl's internet-delivered TV channels on Espial-powered set-tops, smartphones and tablets.
News categories: Espial, Wurl TV, Jaison Dolvane, Sean Doherty, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Wurl TV launches on TiVo
Mar 14, 2017 – Wurl TV has announced that Wurl’s Internet-delivered programming is now available on TiVo’s cable TV and retail set-top boxes. For cable operators, Wurl provides a programming alternative to traditional cable networks.
News categories: Wurl TV, TiVo, Sean Doherty, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Wurl announces cable STB software partnerships
Sep 8, 2016 – Wurl has announced a series of partnerships with key providers of cable set-top software that will showcase Wurl TV Network broadband channels at this week's International Broadcasting Convention (IBC).
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty, Cable TV, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Wurl launches the world’s first streaming cable TV network
Jul 25, 2016 – Wurl has announced the launch of the Wurl Network, the world’s first streaming cable TV network. The Wurl Network provides five channels broadband-delivered through cable TV operators’ connected set-top boxes.
News categories: Wurl, Fidelity Communications, Sean Doherty, Loren King, Cable TV, USA
Wurl releases U.S. video viewing index
Sep 25, 2015 – Wurl has announced a video index that compares the usage of major video viewing services based on publicly available data. The index, referred to as 'AMOV', measures the average minutes of viewing by U.S. adults on each video platform, taking into account both usage and reach.
News categories: Wurl, Sean Doherty, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
ARRIS and Wurl introduce OTT content portal for cable operators
Jul 21, 2014 – ARRIS (Nasdaq: ARRS) and Wurl have announced the launch of ARRIS Market -- a platform for cable operators combining over-the-top (OTT) content with traditional programming services on ARRIS set-tops.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Wurl, Inc, Sean Doherty, Debbie Stackis, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5
- Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
- Minerva Networks and SDMC complete Android TV integration