Digital TV News: Wyplay
Wyplay introduces an Android TV Operator Tier Launcher
Jun 13, 2018 – Wyplay has announced the introduction of an Android TV Operator Tier Launcher as part of its existing suite of user experience products. The Operator Tier Launcher has been added to Wyplay’s Linux, iOS and Android applications.
News categories: Wyplay, Jacques Bourgninaud, Android TV, ANGA COM, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Canal+ unveils hybrid 4K ultra HD STB powered by Frog by Wyplay
Jan 25, 2018 – Canal+ Group has unveiled its new 4K ultra HD STB powered by Wyplay. Fully hybrid, with streams coming from satellite and internet, this new 4K ultra HD STB delivers a new user experience with an unrivalled fluidity.
News categories: Wyplay, Canal+ Group, Jacques Bourgninaud, Philippe Rivas, Digital TV, France, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Telefónica deploys IPTV STBs in Latin America with Wyplay
Jan 4, 2018 – Telefónica has announced the deployment of IPTV STBs in Latin America based on Frog Source software. Wyplay was selected by Telefónica to become part of the ecosystem of middleware component providers for Telefónica IPTV STBs.
News categories: Wyplay, Telefónica, Jacques Bourgninaud, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, Middleware, Set Top Box
RSCRYPTO joins Frog by Wyplay community, updates CA
May 19, 2017 – RSCRYPTO has announced that it has joined more than 150 companies in the Frog by Wyplay Community. At the same time it has launched its next generation CAS-PHI CAS 2.5 which enables operators to take control of their own security.
News categories: RSCRYPTO, Wyplay, Levent Le, Dominique Feral, China, Conditional Access, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Technicolor becomes Frog by Wyplay Community Member
May 16, 2017 – Wyplay has announced that Technicolor has become a Frog by Wyplay licensee. Technicolor has integrated Wyplay’s open source middleware in CPE offerings for pay TV operators in markets across Latin America, India and South East Asia.
News categories: Wyplay, Technicolor, Jacques Bourgninaud, Geneviève Pinvidic, Asia, Digital TV, India, Latin America, Middleware, Set Top Box
Wyplay Frog Premium bundled with latest Amlogic UHD STB chipsets
Apr 13, 2017 – Wyplay and Amlogic have announced that the Frog Premium turnkey solution is integrated on Amlogic hybrid STB chipsets including the popular S905D. The S905D is deployed by major operators worldwide and offers high-end features at unprecedented price points.
News categories: Wyplay, Amlogic, Dominique Feral, Zafer Diab, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA, Worldwide
Alpha Networks, Spideo, and Wyplay to demonstrate E2E multiscreen at NAB 2017
Apr 11, 2017 – Alpha Networks, Spideo and Wyplay have announced a partnership where their technologies have been integrated to deliver Frog Premium, an end-to-end TV product, offering an attractive user experience on multiple devices.
News categories: Alpha Networks, Spideo, Wyplay, Kris Warreyn, Gabriel Mandelbaum, Dominique Feral, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow, Worldwide
Infomir and MathEmbedded to collaborate on STB UX design
Mar 3, 2017 – Infomir and MathEmbedded have announce the beginning of a project to port Frog by Wyplay to set-top boxes developed and manufactured by Infomir. MathEmbedded will help Infomir create the user experience for its STBs.
News categories: Infomir, MathEmbedded, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Broadpeak nanoCDN integrated with Frog By Wyplay middleware
Jan 4, 2017 – Broadpeak and Wyplay have announced that they will unveil a joint solution at CES 2017. Broadpeak's nanoCDN technology has been integrated with Frog By Wyplay middleware on set-top boxes (STBs) to make multiscreen delivery scalable and affordable.
News categories: Broadpeak, Wyplay, Jacques Le Mancq, Dominique Feral, CES2021, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Worldwide
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025
- All-time high for streaming video according to Limelight Networks
- ZTE joins Netflix Hailstorm set top box program
- fuboTV announces closing of Public Offering
- COVID-19 pandemic accelerates cord-cutting in 2020
- Household media spend stabilized in Sweden in Q3
- G-Core Labs introduces global streaming platform
- EMEA Smart Home market expected to rebound in 2H 2020
- Freeview Play launches on Amazon Fire TV Edition
- 3SS and KAON to power Android TV services from Allente