Digital TV News: Xandr
Viaccess-Orca joins with Zodiac Systems to enable services on legacy STBs
Sep 6, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has partnered with Zodiac Systems to offer a joint solution making it easier and more cost-effective for TV operators to deploy VO's cloud-hosted TVaaS and Service Delivery Platform (SDP) with existing legacy STBs.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Zodiac Systems, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Derek Harrar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Xandr introduces selling platform for premium TV and digital media companies
Sep 5, 2019 – Xandr has announced the launch of Xandr Monetize. The platform offers content owners improved monetization, through better inventory management, data-driven yield optimization, and differentiated buyer demand.
News categories: Xandr, Ryan Christensen, Carsten Schwecke, Amit Chaturvedi, Kya Sainsbury-Carter, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca inks System Integrator agreement with Divitel
Aug 28, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Divitel has joined VO's new system integration partnership program. Based in the Netherlands, Divitel has over 20 years of experience as a solutions provider for all things video.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Divitel, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Reuven Elmalem, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Europe, IBC2019, Middle-East
SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
Aug 21, 2019 – SmartLabs has announced that it will replace Moldovan operator StarNet's legacy platform with its SmartTUBE multiscreen solution, and provide the operator with UHD set-top boxes and apps for mobile devices and Smart TVs.
News categories: SmartLabs, StarNet, Mikhail Grachev, Alexandru Machedon, Digital TV, IBC2019, IPTV, Middleware, Moldova, Set Top Box
Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
Aug 14, 2019 – Comscore will be the measurement provider for Xandr's Addressable offering, inclusive of DIRECTV, Altice USA, and Frontier. The deal is designed to give advertisers reliable third-party measurement across the leading U.S. live linear addressable footprint.
News categories: Comscore, Xandr, Scott Worthem, Dan Rosenfeld, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Community, Xandr's ad marketplace, welcomes three new brands
Jul 23, 2019 – Community, powered by Xandr, is a marketplace of publishers that enables advertisers to reach their audiences at scale. Media brands A+E Networks, AMC Networks, and Cheddar have now been aded to the list of partners.
News categories: Xandr, Cheddar, AMC Networks, A+E Networks, Brian Lesser, Jon Steinberg, Advertising, Digital TV, USA
Fox Corp and ad agencies join Project OAR addressable TV consortium
Jun 13, 2019 – Fox Corporation has joined the Project OAR addressable TV advertising consortium. In addition, Project OAR has formed an Agency Advisory Committee with participation from Publicis Media, Omnicom Media Group, GroupM, IPG/Magna, Dentsu Aegis Network, Havas and Horizon Media.
News categories: Project OAR, Fox Corp, Dan Callahan, Jonathan Steuer, Helen Katz, Zeev Neumeier, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Datacom signed-up as Viaccess-Orca system integrator in APAC
Jun 11, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that Datacom is the first company to sign-up to VO's system integration partnership program. Datacom will play a role in bringing VO's content protection and TV platform solutions to Asia-Pacific countries.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Datacom, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Bo Guan, Australia, China, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Hong Kong, Macau, Malaysia, Mongolia, Pakistan, Philippines, Vietnam
Portugal's SAPO adopts AppNexus ad technology
Jun 3, 2019 – AppNexus and SAPO (Altice Portugal group) have announced that SAPO will adopt AppNexus’ full suite of products supporting the buying and selling of digital advertising, including the AppNexus Publisher Ad Server, the Supply Side Platform (SSP) and the Demand-Side Platform (DSP).
News categories: AppNexus, SAPO, Remi Boudard, Filipa Martins, Advertising, Portugal
- Pay TV subscriptions exceed 1 billion
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box