Digital TV News: Xbox
WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
May 20, 2020 – WarnerMedia has announced that the latest companies to sign on to distribute HBO Max at launch include Altice USA, Cox Communications, Microsoft, National Cable Television Cooperative (NCTC), Samsung, Sony Interactive Entertainment and Verizon.
News categories: WarnerMedia, HBO Max, Rich Warren, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Games Console, IPTV, OTT, USA
Mirada multiscreen solution available as a turn-key proposition
May 11, 2020 – Mirada has announced that it has made its Iris end-to-end multiscreen solution available as a turn-key proposition. Iris in Swift Mode provides operators with a proven solution helping to reduce time-to-market and avoid high upfront costs.
News categories: Mirada, Antonio Rodríguez, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Worldwide
Peacock to be available on Xbox One at launch
May 7, 2020 – Peacock, NBCUniversal's new streaming service, has announced that it will be available on Microsoft's Xbox One family of devices, including Xbox One S and Xbox One X, when it launches in the U.S. on July 15, 2020.
News categories: Peacock, NBCUniversal, Xbox, Maggie McLean Suniewick, Matt Bond, www.nbcuniversal.com/, Apps, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, USA
Crave now available on Roku devices in Canada
Apr 8, 2020 – Bell Media has announced that Crave is available on all Roku streaming devices in Canada. Roku users now have access to programming from HBO, SHOWTIME, STARZ, Hollywood-hit movies, as well as French-language TV and films from SUPER ÉCRAN.
News categories: Bell Media, Roku, Tracey Pearce, Arthur van Rest, Apps, Canada, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Disney+ rolls out in Europe
Mar 24, 2020 – Disney+ has launched in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Italy, Spain, Austria, and Switzerland. The service will launch in France on April 7th. Audiences can stream Disney+ on nearly all major mobile and connected TV devices.
News categories: Disney+, Kevin Mayer, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Games Console, Germany, Ireland, Italy, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Spain, Switzerland, Tablet, UK
Hulu + Live TV launches on PlayStation 4
Mar 3, 2020 – Hulu has announced that Hulu + Live TV will be available on PlayStation 4 consoles. PlayStation 4 users will be able to subscribe to Hulu + Live TV, gaining access to both live and on-demand programming in one place.
News categories: Hulu, PlayStation, Apps, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, USA
Tubi monthly active users grow to 25 million
Feb 11, 2020 – Tubi has announced record growth for 2019. In December alone, the company saw its Monthly Active Users (MAU) grow to 25 million and Total View Time (TVT) rocket to over 163 million hours watched – a year-over-year TVT increase of 160%.
News categories: Tubi, Farhad Massoudi, Digital TV, OTT, Results, USA
Tubi AVOD app to be available on Hisense's Vidaa platform from Spring 2020
Jan 6, 2020 – Tubi has announced that it has entered into a deal with Hisense to offer its library of over 20,000 movies and TV shows on the Hisense Vidaa platform. Beginning Spring 2020, new Hisense TVs powered by Vidaa will have Tubi preloaded.
News categories: Tubi, Hisense, Michael Ahiakpor, Apps, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, UK, USA
Disney+ launches in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands
Nov 12, 2019 – Disney+, from The Walt Disney Company, is now live in the U.S., Canada and the Netherlands, bringing together for the first time a lineup of content from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and more.
News categories: The Walt Disney Company, Robert A. Iger, Apps, Canada, Digital TV, Netherlands, OTT, USA
- WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
- Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free
- Bloomberg TV+ 4K UHD channel launches on Samsung TV Plus
- LG transfers TV manufacturing capacity to Indonesia
- Nordija delivers TV and media platform for Telenor Sweden
- Telestream integrates Ad-ID validation to ensure correct ad placement
- AT&T closes DIRECTV Latin America operations in Venezuela
- IFA 2020 to go-ahead as an invitation-only event in Berlin
- A1 Slovenia launches personalized TV with Zappware
- Astro Malaysia makes Ultra Box available to IPTV customers
- COSMOTE TV deploys private CDN with Synamedia
- 67% of US broadband households using at least one connected video device
- FCC to vote on plan to clear the way for ATSC 3.0 internet services
- Eros Now enters Bangladesh in partnership with Allianz Holdings
- Global OTT revenues to reach $167 billion in 2025
- U.S. sees largest first quarter multichannel subscriptions decline to-date
- COVID-19 to have limited impact on telecoms and pay TV spending in 2020
- UK SVOD market to grow 100% over next five years
- 8.2% growth in Smart Speaker sales in Q1 2020 despite COVID-19
- Over half of Americans feel voice control is essential in smart devices