Digital TV News: Xilinx
V-Nova and NGCodec offer FPGA-based real-time UHD encoding
Apr 4, 2019 – V-Nova and NGCodec have announced a combined FPGA-based encoding solution, which delivers industry-leading UHD video quality and encoding efficiency resulting in up to 50x cost savings when compared to traditional CPU software options.
News categories: V-Nova, NGCodec, Guido Meardi, Oliver Gunasekara, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Semiconductor, Worldwide
V-Nova and Xilinx launch PERSEUS transcoder and accelerator
Mar 21, 2019 – V-Nova and Xilinx (NASDAQ: XLNX) have announced the availability of PERSEUS XSA, a plug-and-play encoding accelerator for existing live or VOD encoding pipelines and PERSEUS XDE, a native encoding solution running entirely on FPGA.
News categories: V-Nova, Xilinx, Guido Meardi, Sean Gardner, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Worldwide
CAST introduces Ultra HD-capable video compression cores
Jul 21, 2016 – CAST has introduced the newest generation in its series of IP cores for video and image compression. The AVC/H.264 Encoder Cores are optimized for low-bitrate and low-latency video streaming.
News categories: CAST, Inc, Nikos Zervas, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Creonic releases DVB-S2X modulator IP core
Feb 22, 2016 – Creonic has announced the release of a DVB-S2X modulator IP core. The modulator core is the last piece and completes Creonic's core portfolio for DVB-S2X, namely receiver (demodulator and LDPC/BCH FEC decoder), LDPC/BCH FEC encoder, and DVB-CID modulator.
News categories: Creonic, DVB-S2, Satellite, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
PathPartner announces HEVC codec for x86 platforms
Jul 28, 2015 – PathPartner Technology has announced the availability of HEVC encoder and decoder solutions for Intel server class and client (i5, i7) platforms. The decoder supports error resiliency and concealment techniques.
News categories: PathPartner, Content Distribution, IBC, Media Player, OTT, Worldwide
PathPartner Technology announces hybrid hardware-software HEVC decoder IP
Sep 23, 2014 – PathPartner Technology has announced the availability of the industry's first hybrid HEVC (H.265) decoder partitioned optimally between ARM Cortex-A9 software and FPGA hardware.
News categories: PathPartner, Xilinx, Vinay Mangalore, Aaron Behman, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Global System-On-a-Chip Market to Reach US$48.8 Billion by 2017
Apr 12, 2012 – Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a report on the System-On-a-Chip (SoC) market. The market for SoCs is projected to reach US$48.8 billion by 2017.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Market Research, Semiconductor
Samsung Closes in on Intel for Semiconductor Market Leadership in 2010
Apr 19, 2011 – Continuing its steady rise in the semiconductor industry, Samsung in 2010 came closer to challenging Intel's chip market leadership than any company had in more than a decade, new IHS iSuppli market research has revealed.
News categories: iSuppli, Market Research, Semiconductor
Dolby Displays Cutting-Edge Audio and Image Technologies for Digital Entertainment
Jan 7, 2008 – At the 2008 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Dolby Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE:DLB), is demonstrating technologies that transform images and sound to elevate the digital entertainment experience.
News categories: Dolby, Blu-ray, CES, DVD, HD-DVD, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- NCC Media and OpenAP announce advanced TV partnership
- ZTE and Orange show 5G in automotive, robotics and entertainment applications
- WarnerMedia chooses AsiaSat for HD distribution in Asia
- INNOPIA announces Vewd OS-based streaming device
- Sky Deutschland and MX1 expand collaboration
- SK Telecom, Ericsson, Nokia and Samsung partner on 5G and evolution to 6G
- Comcast partners with Charter, Cox on addressable advertising
- Astro Malaysia adopts Broadpeak's multicast ABR technology
- UniqCast to deliver turnkey hybrid TV solution to Mawarid Electronics
- Comcast launches eye-control for the television
- Anevia powers SKYmedia’s Sky GO OTT video service
- Brightcove publishes Asia OTT TV research report
- IQIYI reaches content distribution agreement with Astro Malaysia
- Harmonic enables Guangdong Radio and Television's UHD broadcasts
- Verimatrix and moTV.eu provide hybrid platform for Mongolsat Networks
- SERAPHIC and CVTE offer customisable Freeview Play 4K TV solution
- TVB deploys Harmonic content-aware encoding on Hong Kong OTT platform
- Atari VCS home gaming and entertainment platform unveiled
- 120% increase in CTV and mobile apps classified as fraudulent
- Vimeo adds support for AV1 codec