Digital TV News: Yang Cai
NetByNet enhances viewing with streaming capabilities from VisualOn
Sep 10, 2019 – Russian telecommunications provider NetByNet is using the VisualOn Media Platform (VMP). The deployment enables NetByNet to deliver video playback on its Wifire service across all Android-enabled devices, including smartphones, smart TVs and STBs.
News categories: VisualOn, NetByNet, Yang Cai, Anastasiya Kiseleva, Digital TV, IBC2020, Media Player, OTT, Russia, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Altibox selects VisualOn to deliver video to Apple TV app
Sep 12, 2018 – VisualOn has announced that it is now providing Altibox's end users with the ability to stream video using Apple TV. VisualOn’s Onstream Apple TV solution enables Altibox to use the same MPEG-DASH and Playready flow on tvOS as on Android and iOS.
News categories: VisualOn, Altibox, Yang Cai, Jarle Johnsen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2020, Media Player, Norway, OTT, Set Top Box
Agama and VisualOn partner to improve OTT video experiences
Sep 14, 2017 – Agama and VisualOn have announced that they are partnering to deliver a pre-integrated player SDK solution for efficient video service quality assurance for OTT providers. The integration simplifies the process for operators wanting to ensure a high-quality viewing experience.
News categories: Agama, VisualOn, Mikael Dahlgren, Yang Cai, Digital TV, IBC2020, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, QoE, Worldwide
VisualOn integrates HEVC with LG G2 smartphones
Sep 12, 2013 – VisualOn has announced the debut of high-efficiency video coding (HEVC) on LG G2 smartphones. VisualOn's HEVC (or H.265) solution has been implemented in LG's new G2 smartphones to deliver the latest standard in high-quality video for consumers.
News categories: VisualOn, Yang Cai, Dr. Chris Roh, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Smartphone, TV Everywhere
Discretix and VisualOn Introduce SecurePlayer 2.0 at NAB Show
Apr 4, 2013 – Discretix and VisualOn have announced the release of SecurePlayer™ 2.0 at the NAB Show. SecurePlayer 2.0 is a media player for smartphones and tablets offering DRM security and high-quality video and audio playback for protected content.
News categories: Discretix, VisualOn, DRM, Media Player, Mobile, NABShow, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
VisualOn Integrates MPEG-DASH at the Cable Show 2012
May 21, 2012 – VisualOn has announced that it has incorporated MPEG-DASH into the company's mobile media player, OnStream MediaPlayer+. MPEG-DASH provides a solution for content providers to unify their content delivery approach across a broad range of devices.
News categories: VisualOn, Media Player, Mobile, OTT
VisualOn Integrates On2 VP6 Video Into Mobile Multimedia Applications
Mar 25, 2009 – On2 Technologies (NYSE Amex: ONT) has announced that it has licensed its On2 VP6® video format and software to VisualOn. VisualOn will optimize and integrate VP6 decoding software into its multimedia application suite for mobile platforms.
News categories: On2, VisualOn, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile
S3 Integrates the VisualOn Mobile TV Player on GIGABYTE GSmart T600
Sep 6, 2007 – Silicon and Software Systems (S3) and VisualOn have announced that S3 has integrated its onHandTV™ client with VisualOn's Mobile TV solution onto a number of devices including the GIGABYTE GSmart T600.
News categories: Digital TV, DTMB, IBC2020, ISDB-T, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile
VisualOn collaborates with AMD to bring exceptional video and audio to AMD enabled DVB-H Mobile TV handsets
Jan 29, 2007 – Mobile TV is the application both consumers and carriers are waiting for. VisualOn is able to fulfill the requirements of next generation technologies like Mobile TV, with a solution that now works seamlessly with AMD (NYSE: AMD) ImageonTV DVB-H/T demodulators.
News categories: VisualOn, AMD, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile, Semiconductor
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020
- SpotX expands Measurement and Attribution Suite
- Nordic video markets riding high
- WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
- Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free