Digital TV News: Yotta Media Labs
Next-Gen TV audience measurement pioneered in Phoenix Model Market project
Apr 4, 2019 – Five audience measurement firms are working to help Phoenix broadcasters understand the capabilities of Next-Gen TV, providing information that will someday help viewers tailor the programming they want to watch and enable broadcasters and advertisers to reach viewers with messages that will interest them.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Chuck Shuttles, Steve Davis, Scott L. Brown, Joe Winograd, Raj Patel, Advertising, ATSC, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
Tivù launches HbbTV Operator Application
Sep 14, 2018 – Tivù, in collaboration with Yotta Media Labs, has become the world’s first operator to deploy an HbbTV Operator App (OpApp). Tivùon, Tivù’s OpApp, supports all of the features expected of a vertical network operator’s application for the Italian horizontal TV ecosystem.
News categories: Tivù, Yotta Media Labs, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBC2019, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box
Tivù partners with Vewd to introduce HbbTV Operator Apps
Sep 11, 2018 – Tivù has become the world’s first operator to deploy an HbbTV Operator App (OpApp) together with Vewd. tivùon, Tivù’s OpApp, creates a virtual set-top box with an operator’s own UI and applications to offer a more engaging and branded user experience.
News categories: Vewd, Tivù, Opentech, Yotta Media Labs, Aneesh Rajaram, Alberto Sigismondi, Juyong Lee, Raj Patel, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, IBC2019, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Phoenix ATSC 3.0 'Model Market' on-air with UniMás programming
Apr 9, 2018 – The first next-generation TV signal in the Phoenix Model Market is 'on the air,' with KFPH-CD Channel 35, owned by Univision Communications now transmitting UniMás network programming using the new ATSC 3.0 standard.
News categories: Pearl TV, Univision, Anne Schelle, John Eck, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Tivù premieres the first HbbTV 2.0.1 application: tivùon!
Sep 18, 2017 – Tivù, Samsung and Yotta Media Labs have presented the world’s first HbbTV 2.0.1 application at IBC 2017. The official launch of the tivùon! App in the Italian market will be in Q4 2017 on tivuon! certified Samsung HbbTV devices.
News categories: Tivù, Samsung, Yotta Media Labs, Apps, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBC2019, Italy, OTT, Smart TV
Tivù and Yotta Media invest in HbbTV operator app development
Sep 15, 2017 – Tivù has partnered with Yotta Media Labs to develop an HbbTV Operator Application that supports all of the features expected of a vertical network operator’s application for the Italian Free-To-Air satellite and terrestrial market.
News categories: Tivù, Yotta Media Labs, Alberto Sigismondi, Apps, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBC2019, Italy, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- Omdia cuts 2020 TV shipment forecast by 10 percentage points
- Comscore research shows continuing surge in U.S. daytime TV viewing
- VideoAmp creates combined Smart TV and STB viewing dataset for the U.S.
- Roku OS 9.3 begins roll-out
- Italian local re-broadcaster RAS goes live with Synamedia virtualized DCM
- Altice Europe terminates discussions on acquisition of Partner Communications
- Asia Pacific set for 417 million SVOD subscribers
- Comscore sees notable rise in U.S. streaming usage
- Movies Anywhere app comes to LG Smart TVs
- Singtel puts HOOQ into liquidation
- COVID-19 pandemic to reduce global TV brand shipments by 5.8% in 2020
- Six million viewers for Italy's tivùsat
- Wicket Labs adds $1.9m of extra funding
- NENT Group to launch Viaplay in Iceland on April 1st
- TV antenna usage in US broadband households up 25% in 2019
- Coronavirus expected to add 5% to global VOD subscriptions in 2020
- COVID-19 response to bolster cloud gaming revenues
- iQIYI to launch service experience Testing Stations across Asia
- Switch Media's server-side ad insertion integrated with SpringServe's ad platform
- Verimatrix VCAS pre-integrated with Broadcom's Android TV platform